Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bene D
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey fellow survivors,

yesterday we have encountered a situation where a question about the timing occurred:

Which effect triggers first: The effect of a monster or of a map tile.

For example:

The gunslinger had a zombie walker attached and ended his movement on a hospital. Would he:

a) Receive damage from the zombie walker first and than heal two HP thanks to the hospital or

b) Heal two HP and after that receive the damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blumenring wrote:
Hey fellow survivors,

yesterday we have encountered a situation where a question about the timing occurred:

Which effect triggers first: The effect of a monster or of a map tile.

For example:

The gunslinger had a zombie walker attached and ended his movement on a hospital. Would he:

a) Receive damage from the zombie walker first and than heal two HP thanks to the hospital or

b) Heal two HP and after that receive the damage?

I always resolve tile effects first in any situation. Only because the rulebook has monster damage as the last thing on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always assume the worst, was what Mike said. So I would say a).
But on that note.
Here is another thought you always resolve monster last when you have done all your actions. So if any monsters are attached to you, then you take damage as the last thing in your round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I always do the "end" map effects first since your actions/turn are over - but I think it only matters for the open field tile - for the hospital, the order would only matter if 2 health saves you from death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.