12 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where is Avania? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Meeple
Germany
flag msg tools
I just opened the "A mirror in the Dark" packs, for set up my first game, but I miss the Avania Heroes (Rulebook, page 6). Where can I find this Heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uglymeeple wrote:
I just opened the "A mirror in the Dark" packs, for set up my first game, but I miss the Avania Heroes (Rulebook, page 6). Where can I find this Heroes?

I guess you are talking about the "Hawkswood" Hero cards?
They were part of my "Mirror in the Dark" packages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Neubacher
Germany
Meckenheim
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seems to be a mistake.

Avania are heroes of the quest "Total Eclipse of the Sun" (p. 13 of questbook).

I'm using an alternative Cleric (Silverhelm?).

Game looks great. Art is phenomenal. Very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Meeple
Germany
flag msg tools
I have found Avania in the the "white extra Box".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uglymeeple wrote:
I have found Avania in the the "white extra Box".

The "white extra box" is the EPIC Thunderstone set that features all the Hero cards once.

The answer from Tigerherz is correct, "Avania" is part of the second quest.

My answer a few comments above this is rubbish, though - I thought "Avania" was a typo and was referring to the "Avian" card pictured on the referenced page - my apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got confused by this too - The picture of setup in the Mirror of the dark Quest shows Silverhelm though so I just went with that and figured it was a mistake ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Zaretsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
There are just so many darn cards that it would really be beneficial for someone to publish a detailed listing, along with which packet they can be found in. I just barely started to unpack and sort my cards. Even with the dividers, my cards seem to be less intuitively organized than they should be, so I'll work on fixing that (maybe create additional dividers to separate cards by type -- ie. weapons, heroes, spells, monsters, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haldurson wrote:
There are just so many darn cards that it would really be beneficial for someone to publish a detailed listing, along with which packet they can be found in. I just barely started to unpack and sort my cards. Even with the dividers, my cards seem to be less intuitively organized than they should be, so I'll work on fixing that (maybe create additional dividers to separate cards by type -- ie. weapons, heroes, spells, monsters, etc.).

The quest book lists the contents for each package, is that not what you're looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Looks like there is an oopsie on page 6 in the sidebar that lists the cards used in the intro/example game - it lists Avania as one of the Heroes (Cleric), but that comes from a later packet. As noted, it should most likely be Silverhelm (which is the Cleric Hero in the A Mirror in the Dark packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
After a whole day searching I found out that the logo on the divider marked Aviana as a total eclipse of the sun quest card. So I opened it up and indeed there she was.

So not mirror in the dark after all.

Damn you AEG, wasting a whole playing day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butlerian wrote:
After a whole day searching I found out that the logo on the divider marked Aviana as a total eclipse of the sun quest card. So I opened it up and indeed there she was.

When I opened the box I wasted about 10-15 minutes before Googling Avania Thunderstone Quest and finding the answer here on BGG.

I've created a Master list of rules clarifications using information gleaned from these pages Rules clarifications -- Master list. However, once you get past your first game you might need to search further afield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
Wake wrote:
Butlerian wrote:

When I opened the box I wasted about 10-15 minutes before Googling Avania Thunderstone Quest and finding the answer here on BGG.

I've created a Master list of rules clarifications using information gleaned from these pages Rules clarifications -- Master list. However, once you get past your first game you might need to search further afield.

Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.