The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olaf Simons
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Yesterday we played our first game and there were some rule questions. It would be nice if you could answer this.

1. Does the use of objects and objects take an action and, if so, which ones. When can I apply these, e.g. if I want to use the subject whiskey.

2. If I have the ability to activate another agent, when can I do this and when will the activation be handled.
e had the situation that Major Dreadfull has activated Emma Swanson via a bonus card.
Could Amma Swanson use her Symbiotic Link ability to do two additional attacks?

3. How is Damsel activated (first campaign)? Together with the Allys?

4. Is it possible to go diagonally through doors / windows?
5. Can fire be laid diagonally? Is this also possible through doors?

6 If the Nemesis is equipped with 1x Nemesis Power card, does that mean the base cards + 1 card, so three cards (Light Power)?

7. Does a ranged weapon / ranged attack have a minimum distance or can it be occur on an adjacent space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kučera
msg tools
mbmbmb
I do not know all the questions (I would be interested myself in quite few of those...):
1) I don't think so.
3) Yes, she moves 4 spaces based on their card
6) Yes, you are playing with 3 cards at start
7) No, I think it's mentined even in the rulebook, however you need ranged weapon to perform it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Quicksilver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucester
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Does the use of objects and objects take an action and, if so, which ones. When can I apply these, e.g. if I want to use the subject whiskey.

A: I don't think so - but would like a confirm

2. If I have the ability to activate another agent, when can I do this and when will the activation be handled. We had the situation that Major Dreadfull has activated Emma Swanson via a bonus card.

A: The activation of Emma is whenever the Major uses the action.

Could Amma Swanson use her Symbiotic Link ability to do two additional attacks?

A: I don't see why not, she is properly activated AFAIK

3. How is Damsel activated (first campaign)? Together with the Allys?

A: Yes. Her move and other stats are on her card

4. Is it possible to go diagonally through doors / windows?

A: I think yes.

5. Can fire be laid diagonally? Is this also possible through doors?

6 If the Nemesis is equipped with 1x Nemesis Power card, does that mean the base cards + 1 card, so three cards (Light Power)?

7. Does a ranged weapon / ranged attack have a minimum distance or can it be occur on an adjacent space?

A: I think no. Adjacent space is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Szabadi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 2) have a look at
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1937731/bunch-rules-answers...

"2-5. You seem to be using "controlling" as if it were a game-term. Anytime an effect allows you to take actions with another model it lists SPECIFICALLY what you can do- Attack Action, Move, etc. If it doesn't say you can use a Bonus Action (which none such effects do) then no, you cannot use it- "Bonus Action" is not "Attack Action" is not "Move Action"- You can only do what effects allow you to do, nothing more.

If it says "Attack Action" then you perform all the rules for an attack action- select attack, apply weapons, everything. The only stipulation is you cannot spend another models Ether."

So basically you can't use ether of other models and you can only use free abilities and actions specifically mentioned for the control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ulphace popo
msg tools
Hi,
2 questions... (and sorry for my english, i'm french ! )

1 - When an Agent (or gentlemen) are Knockdown, can i make another attack against him, and can he make a defender rolls dice ?

2 - I don't saw, in the rulebook, if i can make a ranged attack when my line of sight cross a gentlemen / agents / minions or allies. It's writen in the rulebook : "... If the line does not cross trought an impassable edge (closed doors, walls, red lines)". They don't spoke if a target are behind someone else.

I don't know if i'm clear, thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ulphace wrote:
Hi,

1 - When an Agent (or gentlemen) are Knockdown, can i make another attack against him, and can he make a defender rolls dice ?

2 - I don't saw, in the rulebook, if i can make a ranged attack when my line of sight cross a gentlemen / agents / minions or allies. It's writen in the rulebook : "... If the line does not cross trought an impassable edge (closed doors, walls, red lines)". They don't spoke if a target are behind someone else.

1. Good question. I guess this is sort of "half neutralized" and I would apply same rules

2. Yes, of course ! And this is one of the good points in this game : cover. See rulebook p.19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Gaffophone wrote:
Ulphace wrote:
Hi,

1. Good question. I guess this is sort of "half neutralized" and I would apply same rules

2. Yes, of course ! And this is one of the good points in this game : cover. See rulebook p.19

1. Knockdown doesnt prevent you from being attacked. Nothing in the effect suggests this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobi wrote:
According to 2) have a look at
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1937731/bunch-rules-answers...

"2-5. You seem to be using "controlling" as if it were a game-term. Anytime an effect allows you to take actions with another model it lists SPECIFICALLY what you can do- Attack Action, Move, etc. If it doesn't say you can use a Bonus Action (which none such effects do) then no, you cannot use it- "Bonus Action" is not "Attack Action" is not "Move Action"- You can only do what effects allow you to do, nothing more.

If it says "Attack Action" then you perform all the rules for an attack action- select attack, apply weapons, everything. The only stipulation is you cannot spend another models Ether."

So basically you can't use ether of other models and you can only use free abilities and actions specifically mentioned for the control.

2. If I'm not mistaken, the card referred to is the Leader card? The Leader Card confers a bonus action to the Leader character. In this case, Major Dreadful. What is this bonus action? If Maj. D pays 2 Ether, he allows another Gentleman in LoS to perform one ACTION (not activation). The card could be worded better I admit.

If that Gentleman is Emma S., she can perform any one of her five Actions. In addition, because the rules say that "Bonus actions are actions that
need to be activated and that may be used only once per character activation. They don't spend actions." (Pg.21), she could also pay 2 Ether to make one free attack with her Symbiote Rifle.

So per the OP's question, she can perform one attack action, then pay 2 Ether to perform another attack. (I know because as the Nemesis, I was on the receiving end of this particular combo.)

4. Agility rules are very clear and specific what may or may not be done (pg.15/16). Since there's nothing specifically forbidding the movement (bar an official FAQ/Errata) the answer is Yes.

5. Yes. "Fire can spread through Doors and break them (remove from the Stage)." Diagonal placement yes, with the caveat that "the Nemesis must place these tokens adjacent to Fires that were there at the start of the Phase. They may not string new Fire tokens together during the same phase."

6. Correct. There is a terrible error in the set up that should be FAQ'd ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.