Subject: RAW8 17.3.2 French Units and markers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
Too much people on Earth. Nihilism is the true path.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to parse new rules wording (RAW8), and there is a paragraf I don't undestand, maybe some1 can point my error, on 17.3.2 :

Quote:
All remaining French controlled land and aircraft units in a hex Free or
Vichy France doesn’t control are placed anywhere on the production
circle. On-map French minor country units are also placed there if they
are not in their minor country.

What does "anywhere on the production circle" means? Any turn? Reserve Pool? Construction Pool (very funny for a land unit)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that means place them in any wedge so you control when they are available to reappear on the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelvonar wrote:
I would guess that means place them in any wedge so you control when they are available to reappear on the map?

That's my interpretation - i think that here the words 'production circle' means literally the circle. Therefore they can be reinforcements at any time.

If you play with Factories in Flames then you would have to use the appropriate rules there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm... at first glance I tought It may be a typo because one main difference between raw7 and raw8 is that units caught in bad place in raw7 were relocated onmap and in raw8 there are placed to arrive as reinforcement in 2 turns... this one seems to be an exception were the player that runs Vichy can choose how many turns can a unit return.

The rules are unclear about who decides how many turns : the MP running Vichy or the player that controls the Hex the unit is in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelvonar wrote:

Oh, later in the same rule :

Quote:
The major power controlling Vichy now places all remaining French
controlled non-naval units on the production circle to any hex in their
home country in which they can stack.

Got it. They are placed anywhere in the Production Circle because one paragraf later they are returned to the map... funny wording. I quitted parsing the rules one sentence too soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Teofilus wrote:

Got it. They are placed anywhere in the Production Circle because one paragraf later they are returned to the map... funny wording. I quitted parsing the rules one sentence too soon.

I read that yesterday myself and had the same confusion, then read this, and wondered why exactly they had to be placed on the production circle. Seems to be an extra, meaningless step; but perhaps the reason for it will become apparent in actual play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.