Hide
1 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternate Style Drafting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Lariviere
msg tools
I find this has become the best way for drafting and decided to share it with others.

-We determine order my rolling a die instead if what the rule book says.
-We all ban a faction of our choice
-We then Draft 1 faction each (At the same time) if multiple people want the same faction it is instead banned and they must choose a new faction.
-After the first faction is drafted, each layer will draw two random factions, Their second faction will be one of those two choices. (banned factions are not eligible and neither are already picked factions)

Game 2:
Drafting for game 2 is different as the only banned factions are the ones that have already been played in game 1. (The player who lost teh player who lost can decide to draft first or last for the next game)

Game 3:
Like game 2, factions that have been played in game 1 (And now 2) are banned.

Each new game can continue this process until all factions have been played. (or until there is not enough left for each player to have 2 factions that have not been played.

Tournamnet Drafting:
-Determine drafting order by highest roll. (And rearrange seating if desired)
-Player with the lowest role bans a faction and then continue until each player has banned 1 faction.
-Draft 1st action as normal
-Then the person rolled the highest will ban a faction and continue util all players have banned a second faction
-Draft second faction as normal
(Adavanced. Repeat process for a third faction)

This version was used for a game night i went to where we would change tables/pods but still had the same smash up decks. If for whatever reason we really did not enjoy the deck we had, we had a third faction we could replace one of the ones we had with. (For example, I had Dragons and Kaiju, (my extra faction was wizards) After game 1, I switched dragons for wizards.

(I lost the list, but bases were organized by factions. (Like the munchkin rules) Also Munchkin and Cthulhu sets were banned) (I hate how often Cthulhu is banned)

Aywya just fun drafting variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.