Hide
12 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: My Insert for Rising Sun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C PM
msg tools
The core box contains all the stuff except the monsters.
I am still waiting for the magnet for holding each miniature in the insert.

The daimyo box will hold all the monsters and each of them will be held by magnets. The insert for the monster will be simple as it will only be made by one big foamboard+ several magnets on it. The monster will be arranged as the photo below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Heib
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice work, i'll copy that Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Slattery
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Love it! Any chance you can share the measurements of the sections? Never tried foam core but you’ve inspired me to try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BriBriSlat wrote:
Wow! Love it! Any chance you can share the measurements of the sections? Never tried foam core but you’ve inspired me to try!

Same here. Ive never made one but ill try now.... finally got around to unboxing and organizing the game yesterday...literally could not fit the base stuff back into the base box, nor had room to sleeve my cards. I need help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Leo
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man, you know how annoying it is to get a game, open it up, and it's mostly empty space in the box?

Folks aren't going to have that problem with Rising Sun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gutierrez
United States
BLUE ASH
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice job, following post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic job! Is there a specific reason you seem to have used some thinner card in some places? Was there a specific model that needs that extra few mm or is it OK if I just go ahead and use all 5mm foamcore and replicate the layout? I can't see anything that'll be a big deal. But maybe you did it for a specific fit somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C PM
msg tools
It is because there are so many components in Rising Sun and every millimeters of the insert matters. If all of the parts of the insert use 5mm foamcore, you will not have enough space for placing the game board + the shield + rulebook.
In order to save space for them, the base of every tray use 2mm cardboard rather than 5mm foamboard. Given that my design is a 3-layers insert, using foam board for the base will take 1.5 cm extra height (each foamboard= 5mm). However, it only takes 0.6 mm height for using 2mm cardboard (each cardboard = 2 mm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C PM
msg tools

Please let me know if you need other info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe ROSER
msg tools
I agree, every mm count !
Why didn't you use 2mm foamcore in order to have separate boxes for each clan ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bergonzini
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
eddyhk wrote:

The daimyo box will hold all the monsters and each of them will be held by magnets. The insert for the monster will be simple as it will only be made by one big foamboard+ several magnets on it. The monster will be arranged as the photo below

Have you made the box for the monsters? I am curious about how to do it with magnets and I would like to learn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bergonzini wrote:
Have you made the box for the monsters? I am curious about how to do it with magnets and I would like to learn

I'd also like to see the Daimyo monster box if it's finished
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.