Subject: 3D board addon idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the video game play and couldn't help but thinking that having a 3D board addon on Kickstarter would be SWEET!

What is would be is a set of cardboard pieces with the current board art (so not much new art needed just the sides). You put them together, place them on top the game board on the elevated spaces. It would create visually amazing game and easily track the elevation on the board.

It could be an addon so the ones who are happy with flat boards didn't have to pay for them, but the rest could pimp up their games.

I'd buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
I was looking at the video game play and couldn't help but thinking that having a 3D board addon on Kickstarter would be SWEET!

What is would be is a set of cardboard pieces with the current board art (so not much new art needed just the sides). You put them together, place them on top the game board on the elevated spaces. It would create visually amazing game and easily track the elevation on the board.

It could be an addon so the ones who are happy with flat boards didn't have to pay for them, but the rest could pimp up their games.

I'd buy it.

Cardboard that you would piece together like the Altiplano animal?
Nice thought, but fiddely and a big chance of it all colapsing on you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, it'd take 6 months longer to deliver the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most." - Frank Castle
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, give it a few months after release, and some enterprising person will probably have the files up on BGG to make your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all saw how the big rock in MB: P was received. I doubt they will want to do 3d cardboard stuff that is not very simple again (like trees, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Agents of Mayhem game currently on kickstarter does pretty much what you're saying I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Holy model, Batman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Crap, our secret plans for 3D settings have been revealed! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Since the photos seems to be official, I take it 1966 Batman is confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Crap, our secret plans for 3D settings have been revealed! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Knight Models had them for their miniatures game, though I see how 3D buildings can get in the way when there's already a board to determine LOS. I'd like to see Batman-compatible cardboard terrain, if only for diorama purposes, or to also use in other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.