Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really only possible to fire missiles/grenadres/... by setting up a firing arc and shooting during enemy movement? Seems strange to me...
Or do I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando Mejia
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see more people interested in this game!

You always have to set a firing arc, yes, and for the missile launchers yes, you always attack during enemy movement.

The game simulate a more fluid action and close combat tactics, it is not common for a Battletech game to do it but other games do it like that too.

But you have to take into consideration that the enemy doesn't have to move to be attacked. If the chosen target doesn't move you may attack him/her after all enemies have moved. Meaning, if your opponent chose not to move some troopers you may attack them if you have them in an arc of fire.

For grenades it is slightly different, you have to set an arc of fire but you throw the grenade at the end of the trooper movement. I can only guess they did this to allow the clearing of a room with a grenade before other troopers get to move, grenades are the only weapons that do it like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I played this game was many years ago, but I think that Grenades and all other area-effect weapons are not fired during enemy movement (see page 8 - sequence of play -, page 11 - prepare weapon/grenade and throw grenade - and page 20 - area-effect weapons). They are fired/thrown after the movement of the firing soldier. Their effect is resolved after the movement of all friendly soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando Mejia
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! you are right!

They are optional rules, that's why I may have missed them. Area of Effect weapons are used just like grenades, during the phasing player turn, at the end of the trooper move, and can only shoot once no matter how many move they have nor they deploy a firing arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.