Subject: Short Game Set Up - Tiles and Meeple Mix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be bringing Five Tribes to a lunch time session in a couple of weeks. The session's an hour long, and while this is long enough to play a normal/full game once everyone knows what they're doing, it feels like we'd struggle for a first time game.

My plan is to drop the size of the board to either 5x5 or even 5x4 and then just to go from there.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about the Tiles to use/remove and the meeple mix or if just doing it entirely at Random was a reasonable solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoff Jordaan
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that one of the game end conditions is having one player placing all of their camels, why not just reduce the amount each player has available (or alternatively set a fixed number of rounds)?

I suppose having a smaller play-area means less potential moves to search through and for a first game people should be trying to internalize the rules more than trying to optimize their VP gathering, so from that perspective I would say that fully random would be adequate and easier to set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.