Mark Nogacki

Bastrop
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, just got the game from K'starter and am playing my first attempt to whomp the Necromancer from back from whence he came. Did have a few questions pop up, such as:

1. If the Mesmer uses one of his powers on a hero in his location (such as Fool's Courage for example), does that power travel with the hero it's been set on? Example: the Mesmer enchants the Ranger with Fool's Courage, as they are both in the Ruins, but the next round the Ranger moves to the Swamp, does the Fool's Courage stick with the Ranger?

2. After much searching, scored an artifact and drew the Weeping Ring. Although I did read the further explanation about this item that was in the Compendium, I'm still a little confused. It sounds from the text on the card that whoever has the ring..."When another hero suffers a wound, you may move to their location and refresh one power." Does this mean the ring teleports the hero bearing it to another hero's location who has taken a wound? The Compendium says that this is a "movement not a travel action" but I can't seem to find what defines a "movement" so any clarification here would be great!

3. Finally, I remember in the K'starter we surpassed the $220K funds figure which scored us a PDF of Jeremy's designer commentary. Was this sent to all backers in a special email? I can't seem to locate it (hope I didn't delete it by accident)!

Thanks for any & all help in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Maybe. if you can't bother to copy the text, people don't have to bother to search for it, either.
2. Traveling is an action, it is defined as moving + gaining 1 secrecy up to 5(So it's one of the actions you can do on your turn). So when a card tells you to move, you don't gain secrecy.
3. Go to kickstarter, update 74, you will find the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you activate a power on a target, it always remains on that target until something says otherwise. However, the Mesmer still retains the "action" part of the power, allowing him to move it to a new target (which will take it away from the original target).

Yes, the Weeping Ring teleports the bearer to the location of a wounded hero. "Movement" means...well, what you'd expect. Changing which location you're in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nogacki

Bastrop
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy, thanks for the clarifications, got it set now!

Guillaume, thanks for the answers to question 2 & 3, but as for your reply to question 1, I thought I had adequately explained it. Maybe your rather blunt response could have been something more along the lines of, "Hey Mark, could you type up what it says on that particular Mesmer card so we can figure this out?"

Thanks again for the assist, guys! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
I note that the Designers Notes link mentioned above only goes to page 42. Is the rest of it not available as an on-line pdf file?

I haven't received my hardbound copy yet. Has there been a delay in getting it to U.S. customers? Wondering what's happened to my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The full PDF of the Designer's Commentary can be found in Kickstarter update #81 (for backers only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Thanks. I found the update, but it allows "backers only". I'm a backer. How do I access it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you logged in to Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
I logged in, but when I returned to Comment 81 to download the pdf, I was still locked out. Argh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you back the campaign while it still ran or are you a 'late backer'? I think late backers do not get access to backer-only updates due to the way the Kickstarter platform is configured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
I e-mailed VPG several days ago two questions: (Where's the book? and How can I access the pdf?) And have heard nothing from them. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have a suggestion as to how to proceed?

Thanks, Gosburo, for your information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
I was an original backer of the campaign as well as a playtester. So I'm wondering what's up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.