Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this compare to Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats?
Any one already owns the latter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayla Eickert
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't played that game, but I can try to look into the mechanics and give an educated guess. I'll see if Gunter knows how they compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
How does this compare to Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats? Any one already owns the latter?

I don't own Firefly Adventures, but took a quick look and the games seem quite different. The biggest difference is that FA is co-op only while AoM has both versus mode and co-op mode. The system of FA seems more traditional where AoM is something new.

Both seem to be good for beginners but my guess based on what we know so far is that there is more game from the core box in AoM.

If you want co-op game both games are an option. If you want to fight against your friend in versus mode AoM is the only option.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it at GenCon last year. Firefly is a lot more about stealth, negotiation and other non-combat mechanics in most missions. So yes, I'd say they are different flavors of the overall genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.