Subject: Noob question about Nemesis Encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that when a Nemesis Encounter occurs (like LY4) your departing survivors set up, but don't go on a hunt - they face the Nemesis instead.

Then after that is done you go back to 'Update Death Count' but does that finish the year there? Or do you then progress to 'Check Milestones', 'Develop' etc?

If so, do you also 'Prepare Departing Survivors' again and then send them out for a hunt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you return from a Nemesis encounter you update your timeline, so yes, it does finish your current year, you do gain endeavours, draw a settlement event, trigger milestone events, develop, and depart for the year.

It's only for special showdowns that you don't end the year once you're done, meaning you can have more than one showdown a year.

Nemesis encounters are not special showdowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lokitoo wrote:
I understand that when a Nemesis Encounter occurs (like LY4) your departing survivors set up, but don't go on a hunt - they face the Nemesis instead.

Then after that is done you go back to 'Update Death Count' but does that finish the year there? Or do you then progress to 'Check Milestones', 'Develop' etc?

If so, do you also 'Prepare Departing Survivors' again and then send them out for a hunt?

Yeah, sounds like you might have confused the rules for special showdown with nemesis showdown. Nemesis is the similar to a normal LY, except you skip the hunt phase. I'd go over the settlement rules once more to make sure it is making sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap, I played that wrong then, just yesterday. I played the nemesis showdown as a special showdown after the regular quarry. Doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see.

The Nemesis Showdown isn't a Special Showdown, it just effectively replaces the 'Hunt'.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it funny that adding clear rules for special showdowns brought basically everyone to misinterpret normal showdowns

This was a case of extremely good intentions which went extremely poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
I find it funny that adding clear rules for special showdowns brought basically everyone to misinterpret normal showdowns

I guess it's clear once you know what a special showdown is. Personally, I haven't encountered anything of the sort, and thought the Butcher would be just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bloohm
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the problem stems from the icon used for nemesis encounters looks much like the icon for special showdowns. So if you are following the settlement board step by step, you begin to think that the special showdown is the nemesis encounter. That's what got me at first and not until reading it on the Kickstarter did I look closer and read the rules more clearly and notice they are separate things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A special showdown, if I'm not mistaken, shoud be for example
Spoiler (click to reveal)
if you resist the Armored Stranger, in this case you fight the King's Man during the settlemnt phase, and then you can continue from step 5, update death count, craft gear, go on a hunt and so on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaihel wrote:
A special showdown, if I'm not mistaken, shoud be for example
if you resist the Armored Stranger, in this case you fight the King's Man during the settlemnt phase, and then you can continue from step 5, update death count, craft gear, go on a hunt and so on

Yes, the problem is that
you only meet the armored stranger after you've fought the Butcher once,
thus I couldn't tell that Nemesis weren't identical with Special Encounters yet.

That, and I failed at reading. The special encounters section is rather clear, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.