Aeon's End: Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Going solo: true solo or two-handed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
I have played the other AE always two-handed and never tried true solo, for me it seemed more balanced and some cards affect the other player, but the AE: Legacy is all about creating your mage,so should we play it true solo?

Also, seems better to end the game with 2 distinct characters than only 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd do both.
But that would need a reset pack.
Without reset pack, and having played 3 hands, I'd do two hands, but would be really interested in pure solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
I'd do both.
Without reset pack, and having played 3 hands, I'd do two hands, but would be really interested in pure solo.

Yeah, after writing that, I was think the same thing, going two-handed, then true solo. But that means 20 for the accessory pack more 25 for the reset pack XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
I'd do both.

Yeah, after writing that, I was think the same thing, going two-handed, then true solo. But that means 20 for the accessory pack more 25 for the reset pack XD

Thanks for helping with stretch-goals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the campaign is done, you can still build additional mages using the remaining components. So even if you play true solo, you can build an additional mage for use afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
When the campaign is done, you can still build additional mages using the remaining components. So even if you play true solo, you can build an additional mage for use afterwards.

Oh, that's awesome, thanks! I have played true solo, double handed, and four handed, and I couldn't decide what to do with for the campaign. Knowing there's ways to upgrade the other mages afterward relieves some of the pressure to play with four hands if I don't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Rehberg
United States
DUBLIN
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:

Interesting. So, just to be clear, if only two mages are used, there will be enough components left over to build the other two mages without having to purchase a reset pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rehberg wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

Interesting. So, just to be clear, if only two mages are used, there will be enough components left over to build the other two mages without having to purchase a reset pack?

correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! So I can play the campaign twice with two sets of mages? ( I was really hoping to create 4 breach mages to use with all my other AE stuff).Is it going to be possible to pay this four times with a single mage each time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yodennis2000 wrote:
Sweet! So I can play the campaign twice with two sets of mages? ( I was really hoping to create 4 breach mages to use with all my other AE stuff).

No. When the campaign is completed, you can use the leftover components to build your other two mages. There are things that are updated/stickered during the campaign other than the mages.

Some folks have played the game twice with one copy, but it involves a fair bit of manual tracking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yodennis2000 wrote:
Sweet! So I can play the campaign twice with two sets of mages? ( I was really hoping to create 4 breach mages to use with all my other AE stuff).Is it going to be possible to pay this four times with a single mage each time?

It's not possible out of the box. If you want to go through fiddly ends of writing stuff down on paper and all, then yes it is possible, but it's house-ruling of sorts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.