Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

just to be sure I'm doing it right.

Turn 1 : A walker is in a Stranger space, they're both knock down in the walker activation step. then the walker stands up.

Turn 2 : the stranger who is knocked down gets defeated by the walker, and a corpse appears.

Turn 3: the corpse transforms into a Walker

i'm doing it ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 1: The walker on the stranger space activates. As a result of this "overrun", the stranger must exert 1. That means he is defeated. Place a corpse token instead (and resolve group tension).

Turn 2: the corpse becomes a knocked down walker.

Turn 3: the new walker activates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks, but in the stranger section they state that the stranger is knocked down... I'm saying this without the rulebook in front of me, so I may be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Turn 1: The walker on the stranger space activates. As a result of this "overrun", the stranger must exert 1. That means he is defeated. Place a corpse token instead (and resolve group tension).

Turn 2: the corpse becomes a knocked down walker.

Turn 3: the new walker activates.

It's actually:

Turn 1: The walker knocks down the stranger

Turn 2: The walker defeats the stranger, creating a corpse, which turns into a walker at the end of the phase

Turn 3: The 2 walkers activate corpse is turned into a walker

Edit: I mis-remembered the timing of aminating corpses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, but in the stranger section they state that the stranger is knocked down... I'm saying this without the rulebook in front of me, so I may be wrong.

You're right. It's not written in the "stranger" section on the rulebook but in the "walker activation" one. A little weird.

Turn 1: The walker knocks down the stranger (it never gets up)

Turn 2: The walker defeats the stranger, creating a corpse

Turn 3: The corpse turns into a knocked-down walker. It stands up at the end of the turn.

Turn 4: The new walker activates

Quote:
Turn 2: The walker defeats the stranger, creating a corpse, which turns into a walker at the end of the phase

Page 7.
4 Walker phase
4.1 Reanimate step
4.2 Activation step
4.3 Ready all walkers
4.4 Threat step (add zombies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

You're right. It's not written in the "stranger" section on the rulebook but in the "walker activation" one. A little weird.

Turn 1: The walker knocks down the stranger (it never gets up)

Turn 2: The walker defeats the stranger, creating a corpse

Turn 3: The corpse turns into a knocked-down walker. It stands up at the end of the turn.

Turn 4: The new walker activates

Quote:

Page 7.
4 Walker phase
4.1 Reanimate step
4.2 Activation step
4.3 Ready all walkers
4.4 Threat step (add zombies)

Yep, totally right, it's also my understanding! in OP Turn3 I forgot to say a the corpse transforms into a Walker knocked down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lew
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have another question about walkers and strangers. what heppens when there are

- 2 walkers and 1 stranger- does the stranger get knocked down and defeated in the same turn?

- 1 walker and 2 strangers - do both strangers get knocked down on the first turn (and both get defeated on the second)? or is it 1 per walker per activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

excellent question, the way it's written in the Overrun-Strangers I believe its:

Quote:

- 2 walkers and 1 stranger- does the stranger get knocked down and defeated in the same turn?

No, ALL walkers only knocks down 1 stranger, don't defeat, then ALL walkers go down.

Quote:

- 1 walker and 2 strangers - do both strangers get knocked down on the first turn (and both get defeated on the second)? or is it 1 per walker per activation?

1 walker knocks down all strangers.

If there are 2 walkers and 3 strangers, then all strangers will be knocked down, and all walkers will be knocked down also.

But it's my interpretation and of course maybe wrong. The Survivors and Rivals Overrun are much clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lew
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
yeah that's how I read it too, but thematically, it doesn't make sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to be sure:

In the rules, when it comes to walkers/humans interactions, it always end up with the walkers knocked down.

But at the end of those rules, it says, all knocked down walkers stand up and become ready walkers.

So, I understand that we knock them down just like when they are moving: just to remember that they were moved or played, not because they are injured.
When the walkers turn is over, ALL the walkers are standing up again.
Whether they moved or interacted with a human.

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.