Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up a few nights ago. Kylo Ren had assigned "I'll Show You The Dark Side" to a ship. The condition had not triggered yet. A few rounds later, Kylo was killed / removed from the board. Does the condition remain on the impacted ship, or is it removed as well?

The card doesn't say seem to say one way or the other. I also checked the most recent FAQ and it doesn't seem to clarify this either.

[Edit]
Never mind, it was (sort of) covered in the FAQ under "Destroyed Ships." I searched only for Kylo.

Quote:
Conditions on Destroyed Ships
Condition cards assigned to ships are not removed when that ship is
destroyed (unless specified on the card).

That entry specifically says "assigned to ships" as opposed to "assigned from ships" but I'll assume it works both ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Condition cards tell you when they are discarded. In the case of "I'll Show You the Dark Side," is specifically says, "When there is no Damage card on this card, remove it." If it were meant to be removed when the assigner is destroyed, it would say so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:
That entry specifically says "assigned to ships" as opposed to "assigned from ships" but I'll assume it works both ways.

Nah, that's not the case; it doesn't work both ways. Kylo's condition remains on the target ship when Kylo dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Nah, that's not the case; it doesn't work both ways. Kylo's condition remains on the target ship when Kylo dies.

That's what I tried to say.

Kylo applies "I'll Show You..." to ship B.

Kylo dies, ship "B" still has the condition.
Ship "B" dies, the condition card still has the selected crit card on it and will be applied to the next ship.

I only had a question about the first part of that equation, and it's been resolved. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.