Hide
3 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: One Step at a Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Master Charlemax
msg tools
I just tried playing a variant I had in mind for quite a while.

Instead of one player taking all of their actions at once (moving all their pieces, resolving all battles, etc) we played it that the first player drew their event card, then the next player drew theirs, then the third drew theirs, then the fourth drew theirs. After that we went into the movement phase and the first player moved one unit, then the second player moved one unit, and so on until everyone had either moved or held all their units. After that we resolved battles with the first player choosing which battle to resolve first, the second player choosing which battle to resolve second, and so on until all the battles and dungeons were resolved.

It actually worked really well. It was much more exciting and engaging for everyone since there was practically no down time for anyone at all. As far as we could tell everything still played very balanced and we really had no issues crop up at all as a result of the change. We liked it WAY better actually and will probably only play like this from now on.

If you have any specific questions about how we adjusted the rules to fit this variant, feel free to ask. Also, if anyone else tries it let me know how you go and what your thoughts were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this once, and with two players. But if I play again especially with more players I will try this. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lindberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting. Did a single unit entering an area with many enemy units prevent them from moving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.