Hide
6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Finding prebuild decks based on my content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Egil Gullbekkhei
msg tools
Hi all. Im new in netrunner. Me and my wife want to play tonight, she gave me the mission to get some decks ready. Im not there yet where i feel i can build two balanced decks yet, and i also want awoid spoiling the game night by knowing all cards in both decks. So i was playing around in netrunnerdb. The problem as i see it is that is no good way to find decks by the content i own. We have Core2, creation and controll,Data and Destiny and Honor and Profit. Do anyone have a solution for finding good prebuild decks by content?
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio Vitelli
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mb
In netrunnerdb you can search filtering the pack you own, try this link:

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklists/search#allowed_packs

On the right, click on "select allowed packs"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used an app called NetDeck, which can pull in decks from netrunnerdb. You can also adjust the settings of the app to show which sets you own. Once the deck is loaded in the app it will flag those cards which are either "illegal" or which are not a part of your collection.

As far as not knowing the cards in both decks I don't believe that's going to be an option because you are building both decks. The only way to not know would be for you to build your deck(s) and your wife to build her own.

Though with the app you could add decks and it will let you know there is a problem with the deck (i.e. whether it is legal or you don't have the cards) without looking at the contents of the deck. You won't know what the problem is, but you'll know the deck "can't" be used.

Certainly not ideal, but is an option albeit with some additional work on your part. There might be search options on netrunnerdb, but I'm not that active with netrunner anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're brand new, I'd strongly suggest putting the expansions to one side and simply putting together two default decks from your Core 2.0 set. For those, pick any ID you like the look of for each side, then shuffle together all cards of that faction with all the neutral cards for the same side.

If you're a little more experienced and keen to use the expansions, then using netrunnerdb could help (you can filter your searches to include only decks you can build from your card pool - see this link, which should have this filter enabled for you) but you'll still have to actually dig through and find the cards yourself (barring asking your wife to do the physical construction so long as you can point her at a decklist).

The other issue is that many of the decks available will probably be Core 2.0 only and still not use the expansions, since most people building tend to create decks either using everything (those decks don't show up in the linked list) or completely limited pools (so Core 2.0 only).

Hope that some of that's useful, even if it's not a simple answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Egil Gullbekkhei
msg tools
Thank you all.That feature in site might be usueful later i guess. It did not help yesterday though. At the end of the day we did build some easy decks without including other ids cards, just to be able to get fast into speed and be able to play the game. It worked somehow well. Now we just need to get to know the cards to be able to use the influence cards well for future games. Thank you all again, cheers. Sorry for my bad english 🤭

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cry Of Frustration
msg tools
That's absolutely the right way to do it. The core set has been designed as an introductory experience, stick with it for your first several games! Make sure you each try out every faction on both sides a few times, then try your hand at some deckbuilding of your own (still with just the core set) before even thinking about introducing more expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.