Joel Brown
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
My sense is that this was just poorly worded in the rules:

'Investigators that have been defeated or devoured in a previous game are permanently eliminated and cannot be chosen when selecting an investigator'

'...defeated investigators and their possessions are returned to the respective decks and pools;'

I am pretty sure this just refers to the possessions, not the investigators themselves. Fairly certain the intent is that investigators that are defeated or devoured in campaign mode are no longer available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krambis12 wrote:
I am pretty sure this just refers to the possessions, not the investigators themselves. Fairly certain the intent is that investigators that are defeated or devoured in campaign mode are no longer available.
I am pretty sure you are correct. You may consider notifying FFG about these conflicting statements via the contact form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the problem. You put them back in their stack, you just aren't allowed to choose them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can see that it could cause some confusion if you get a long protracted campaign that spans several days/weeks as one could forget if they've been removed from the campaign, nothing that a notepad won't fix. Also goes for if they get their Personal Story card resolved (good or bad) or if they get one of the 2 'permanent' conditions (permanent in that they draw a new Dark Pact or Promise of Power during setup). Long in that somehow you manage to win 2 games in a row (I'm kidding in that last comment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.