Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow Gloomhaveners!
I just want to share with you my first miniature paiting experience. These were my first miniatures I painted EVER. So yeah, I am a total beginner, plenty of flaws.

So far I have finished Brute, Scoundrel, Tinkerer and Lighting bolt class (hidden in spoiler tag). I have not yet decided what to do with the bases (how far I wanna push it). So feel free to share your suggestions!

Thanks for any response.

PS.: The maginifcation actually makes them look worse they really are!

EDIT: Mindthief and Spellweaver added

Brute:

Scoundrel:

Tinkerer:

Lightning bolt class:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Mindthief:

Spellweaver:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like your brute, especially the skin colour. Best one I've seen.

The tinkerer looks shinier than the other two (didn't look at lightning bolt because spoilers). Did you do something different with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
florencka wrote:
I like your brute, especially the skin colour. Best one I've seen.

The tinkerer looks shinier than the other two (didn't look at lightning bolt because spoilers). Did you do something different with it?

Thanks for the feedback. When I was choosing colors, I wanted to stick to the original art. Tinkerer seems equipped with some copper and bluish alloy armor / suit. So when mixing colors, i tried to match those. The copper one is polished gold mixed with red and brown, the bluish alloy color is silver with dark blue. Since the gold and silver paints have reflective particles mixed in, it seemed like a good choice. On the other hand, for the other two miniatures (which did not have any reflective armor on), those paints were not used (only for details).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hall
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work.
My Brute came out too blue!
If this is your first efforts then you have some skills to build on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those came out very, very well.

If those really are the first figures you've ever painted.. I'm very impressed. You are using some techniques there you usually see from more experienced painters (highlights and shadows... looks like you used some washes.. etc)

Nicely done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words guys. I really started painting just yesterday, although have watched a ton of videos and seen a lot of pictures that inspired me.

By the way, I added Mindthief and Spellweaver I just finished. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wickham
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Those are very well done. I love the Brute. I actually just painted my very first mini as well and it was the tinkerer. I think it looks good but nowhere near as good as yours. The shading and highlights you have done are impressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wickdawg01 wrote:
Wow! Those are very well done. I love the Brute. I actually just painted my very first mini as well and it was the tinkerer. I think it looks good but nowhere near as good as yours. The shading and highlights you have done are impressive.

Thank you for the compliment, sir. Share a picture if you can, I'd love to see your work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
mbmb
Impressive for first miniatures, well done. Already pointed in this thread but the brute looks great :-)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.