Subject: I'm not surprised that there is no advice here (yet) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is addictive, but even after 6 plays I have yet to find a reliable guage of how to predict, for highest and lowest number of card types taken.
I've even tried randomly selecting two and have done just as well as when I was trying. shake

So add any insights that you may have discovered to this; I need to get good at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only "breakthough moment" that I've had is that you need to study the other players' cards very carefully before you predict.

The ability to follow suit is important, so if you have 3 green cards and your two opponents also have 3 cards each, then the strength of your own cards is paramount, since they will have to follow suit and now it is a battle of the high cards only.

On the other hand; if you have 5 high cards in green but your opponents only have 2 and 1 green cards, respectively, then unless the green is highly ranked in the trump order, you are only going to reliably score one trick before your opponents will either trump/ supertrump your other green cards or slough their own bad cards onto you. Usually in the color that you've predicted as "least", if they are paying attention at all.

So-- dare I say it-- color distribution around the table is more important than the strength of your cards in any suit, other than the highest trump rank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has only 169 ratings, so there probably aren't that many who have tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.