Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see each monster has a region type on it.

When laying out Monsters for the game, MUST you use different regions? If not.. then why have Regions in the first place?

(I have read the rulebook, but have not seen the answer in there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have different regions. Each region has different monster arranged from easy to hardest. The rewards for killing them gets better and better. Also at the end of the game certain cards you get during the game will give you bonus points.
Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn
United Kingdom
Teesside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you may need to go back and re read the rules.
You need 5 regions (sets) of monster cards and they are put in order with the easiest first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boaz73 wrote:
I think you may need to go back and re read the rules.
You need 5 regions (sets) of monster cards and they are put in order with the easiest first.

yes, but as I look towards getting new expansions, I was thinking that Hills (for example) might have another monster stack from an expansion.

So.. could I have 2 Hill type monster stacks.. or am I limited to only one stack per region type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the 5 stacks is its own unique region.

Hills, swamp, barrens, dessert, tundra, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
All the monster groups have different area images in the top right corner of the cards and the new Shadowvake cards all have new images and although the banshee symbol looks a bit like the Forest image from the base set it i'snt the same. Not sure what it is though (haunted wood or something like that maybe) nor what the others are

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.