2 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Expected time to unweb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Some time ago, I made some formulae for calculating the expected number of turns that a figure spends in the given number of webs. I made a pretty table with it, so I guess I can share, either for reference, or to give some ground to the Overlord whining that Web is horribly overpowered

Here it goes:

Expected Time Spent in Web
Web Token Count
Bonus 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
+0 2.0 3.2 4.0 4.6 5.1 5.5 5.9 6.2 6.5 6.7
+1 0.8 1.6 2.2 2.7 3.1 3.4 3.7 4.0 4.3 4.5
+2 0.4 0.9 1.4 1.8 2.2 2.5 2.8 3.0 3.2 3.5
+3 0.2 0.6 1.0 1.4 1.7 2.0 2.2 2.4 2.6 2.8
+4 0.2 0.4 0.7 1.1 1.3 1.6 1.8 2.0 2.2 2.4
+5 0.1 0.3 0.6 0.8 1.1 1.3 1.5 1.7 1.9 2.1

The "Bonus" is the number of additional dice the figure is allowed to roll. For heroes, it's their Melee trait, for monsters, it's their size in spaces - 1. If you play "vanilla" (earlier than RtL), the bonus = +0.

The numbers in the table are just the ordinary expectancy of number of turns spent in web. It's the number which you would get if you would watch a very large number of the same figures dispose of the given number of webs and take the arithmetic mean of the observed round counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those like me that play occasionally, the relevant part of the Web rule reads;

A hero who is caught in a web is marked with a web token. At the start of each of that hero’s turns, its owner must roll a black power die for each web token on it, plus one additional black power die for each die of Melee trait the hero has (the number of bonus power dice rolled when the hero makes a melee attack). For each power surge rolled, remove one web token. If any web tokens remain on the figure after rolling, the figure cannot spend any movement points that turn.
Monsters caught in a web remove tokens the same way, except that they roll one black power die for each web token, plus one extra black power die for each space they occupy beyond the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.