Barney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've always liked the idea of video games where you can do 1 thing and it causes a chain reaction as new tiles fall down, such as various Puzzle Quest variants, Candy Crush, Bejeweled, etc. Potion Explosion has something like this where you can remove 1 marble and if the next 2 marbles to touch are the same colour then those are removed as well but are there any other board games out there which have similar mechanics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb

has the Bejeweled/match-tiles-and-they-fall-down thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gallecier
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubblee Pop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tongiaki: Journey into the Unknown has a sort of 'cascade' mechanism that can be triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ward
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I happen to be working on a match-3 style battler for my first published tabletop game, which will be released by Rock Manor Games (Maximum Apocalypse, Brass Empire) in early 2019 via Kickstarter.

I hope you'll consider following our progress: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2105002153066718/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apotheca has match-3 gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) is kind of based on this type of games, but the way combos are implemented is a bit abstract.

In a way, chain-reactions are at the core of Pandemic (expansion of viruses) and many other co-op titles that were inspired by it. Renegade is a recent, more complex example: whenever a third 'spark' would be added to a 'server partition', a 'guardian' will be created and a 'spark explosion' will be triggered on an adjacent partition, which may cause a chain reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.