Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is the maximum size of an image still to be used as rejection criteria when GeekModding?

I saw this asked a year ago or something and the answer was "yes" ...
but I've rejected nearly every image I saw the other day and it was almost all due to the image being too large.

There isn't even a good comment to select for this, only can select Too Small...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
As far as I know, it's still valid, but only for images which can function as 'scans' of materials (and thus allow high quality reproduction of them), not for general overview photos.

And yes, the lack of a checkbox for declining such images is one of many flaws caused by the 2015 geekmod redesign which were never addressed, so "Too Small" is your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a document that really is up-to-date then?
I've read through all the image guidelines that were officially linked and nothing says that sizes only apply to certain types of images ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Scans and copy-photography images of flat materials, such as counter sheets and cards, may have a maximum resolution of 200ppi, or a maximum size of 1900 pixels on the long side, whichever is less.

BGG Image Policy

Quote:
Too large: Scans and copy-photography images of flat materials, such as counter sheets and cards, may have a maximum resolution of 200ppi, or a maximum size of 1900 pixels on the long side, whichever is less.

Image Guidelines

Quote:
Too big: Scans and copy-photography images of components, such as counter sheets, cards, and other flat materials, may have a maximum resolution of 200ppi, or a maximum size of 1900 pixels on the long side, whichever is less.

Image submissions

Quote:
Too big: Scans and copy-photography images of components, such as counter sheets, cards, and other flat materials, may have a maximum resolution of 200ppi, or a maximum size of 1900 pixels on the long side, whichever is less.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Aha! This one isn't locked for editing! Let's fill it up with baroque imaginary rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.