Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are into the second to last month and we just received another card saying we need to take a card out of box 6. We have not been told to open box 6. It is the last box did we miss something.

We have scratched off the majority of city cards. We have not connected a few red cities.

We had to have missed something but do not know how we could have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
We are into the second to last month and we just received another card saying we need to take a card out of box 6. We have not been told to open box 6. It is the last box did we miss something.

We have scratched off the majority of city cards. We have not connected a few red cities.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You did not access any new havens?

Have you not been Innoculating at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably should have happened a while ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess i need to make this a spoiler

Yeah we found a haven and Inoculating well i dont think so. Will have to look over the cards but i do not remember what inoculation is

XDarkAngelX wrote:
shallowz wrote:

You did not access any new havens?

Have you not been Innoculating at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have missed one "open Package 6" notice because the first new haven you find you should have opened it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hannes
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The pacific haven says right on it to name it and open Package 6 the first time you access it.

If you don't have the Pacific haven on the board (it's off the coast of Lima) then you missed a scratch-off in May, which tells you to open the door that contains that map upgrade.

How you made it this far without the additional cubes that come in that package is beyond me. But I guess once you get late enough the game you're still below 36 cubes even with the bonuses.

As for inoculation... Well, you've pretty much missed the boat on that one. It lets you take player and infection cards out of the deck as a free action whenever you are in that city and the matching player/infection card is in the discard pile.

You can still inoculate... and it's an easy way to deal with a problem area without having to spend an action, especially if it's a city with a starting population of 1 (and therefore there is only one copy of that card in deck). But at this point, with no cards in Box 6, it's just going to come right back when there's an epidemic. So you might be better off just ignoring inoculation completely for your last few games.

As for the "It's Wearing Off" effect on epidemics... pretty sure the rules say that if you don't have any infection cards in Box 6, you just pull from the bottom of the deck as normal, which I'm guessing is what you've done to this point.

So other than making the game SUPER hard on yourselves (the main function of inoculation is to reduce the number of cities you have to put cubes on during setup so that you are not stretched so thin), there's no reason you can't finish out the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a mission I believe somewhere around May maybe to find a new haven, isn't it. And then you should have found a haven outside of south americas west coast. And above that haven on the board it is written: "open package 6 the first time you move here".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Inoculating when 6 is empty isn't a bad move, to be honest. It means you know exactly where the Epidemic will take place and can plan accordingly. It's a free action to set where the Epidemic will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone
After it was pointed out where to find the steps to open it we found it on the board. The red blurring lettering skipped out attention. Even in the photo below, it was hard for us to catch. It was our fault for missing it. Missing that step would have completely changed the game for us. We finished the game with such a bad taste in our mouth. Now knowing about the package we now know why it was so important.

joakim589 wrote:
There is a mission I believe somewhere around May maybe to find a new haven, isn't it. And then you should have found a haven outside of south americas west coast. And above that haven on the board it is written: "open package 6 the first time you move here".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Luza
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
Look me up in Dutch theaters! www.opsterkwater.nl
badge
Sweet boardgame music: http://youtube.com/c/TheHappyLuza
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
Thanks everyone
After it was pointed out where to find the steps to open it we found it on the board. The red blurring lettering skipped out attention. Even in the photo below, it was hard for us to catch. It was our fault for missing it. Missing that step would have completely changed the game for us. We finished the game with such a bad taste in our mouth. Now knowing about the package we now know why it was so important.

joakim589 wrote:

You are not alone... We missed it as well. We are starting our second game in August, and this would really have made a big big difference. We miraculously did reletively well, but the feeling we had, was really bad. We were not playing a game, but forced ourselves into playing. This is going to give our ending a lot more air, and might save the game from ending behind Seafall...

Thanx for this post here!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.