The Mind» Forums » General

Subject: Have you experienced this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules and saw the comments on both extremes. It worked for some but not all. For those who have tried this game, what's your experience like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it, it worked surprisingly well. A wonderful experience, but I'm not sure there is a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgars Zakis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, this is more of an experience (and activity) than a game (as a game I think it is even more easily breakable than Hanabi). In general it's just people sitting in quiet and looking at each other until someone plays a card (either correctly or not). Repeat, until you lose (haven't won this yet). Some will find this completely stupid, and that's fine and totally understandable.

I and my group, however, have found this amazing! I'm very hyped about the gameplay and positively surprised about what amount of tension and emotions can be created by just numbers (and just sitting and looking at each other). And the satisfaction when you manage to play a close sequence correctly is just huge. It's a somewhat weird experience, when there is communication without communication, but overall I'm in total love with this game (activity/ experience/ whatever you name it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricio Mendez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fascinating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Grinfeld
msg tools
I played a prototype version with the developer. My initial reaction was probably the same as everyone else's: how is this even a game?

But it plays really well, is great fun, has some tension but is not particularly stressful and is very addictive. It is obviously not a complex or strategic game and feels like a filler but you will want to keep coming back to it. The feeling of becoming more in tune with the rest of the group is a really cool experience. (We were playing with 5-6 at times but apparently the player count is now just 2-4. Also I'm not sure how the "abilities" differ in this final version from the prototype or how much of a difference these changes would make).

Definitely recommended and it deserves to do well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Kalenda
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Of course it is a game. Excellent coop game. Utterly innovative. Mind-blowing.

How can playing a card between 1 and 100 create so much suspense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Smejc
msg tools
gamenight just did a playthrough, it seems really fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIfCG2dga8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.