Mirko Valmori
Italy
Faenza
RA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anybody see this?

https://xelaser.co.uk/product/kingdom-death-monster-box-inse...

They seems good quality and maybe cheaper on shipping than topdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks really nice! Such a shame that the original insert isn't tall enough to prevent dividers getting squished

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn R.
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow even at $107 US that's tempting. With the option for coin capsules and taking into account that item cards are in a binder... It's perfect. Someone needs to make one of those in the US....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Rotsh01 wrote:
Wow even at $107 US that's tempting. With the option for coin capsules and taking into account that item cards are in a binder... It's perfect. Someone needs to make one of those in the US....

There is the top down terrain insert in the US if you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like a slightly better, more flexible and more EU-friendly version of this insert: https://topdownterrain.com/products/fan-made-kingdom-death-m...

Edit: Oh right, that one is the one from Top Down Terrain that just got mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn R.
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nibdok wrote:
Rotsh01 wrote:

I like the look of the Top Down insert, but it won't handle the fact that all my tokens are in coin capsules and I lose space in the the bottom tray for gear cards that will never be put in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows if all current expansions would fit in?
Thanks for the link, looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Lacke
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotsh01 wrote:
Nibdok wrote:
Rotsh01 wrote:

I like the look of the Top Down insert, but it won't handle the fact that all my tokens are in coin capsules and I lose space in the the bottom tray for gear cards that will never be put in it.

It's a net gain on space though over the original insert. What if you put your capsuled tokens in the gear card tray? Solves both of your problems!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotsh01 wrote:

Totally agree - and being Australian, any insert is going to cost a bomb to ship, so getting one that has considered that I'm going to put my gear elsewhere (hadn't capsuled the tokens yet, but given I keep forgetting about them, I think I might do that too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
As always when talking about custom inserts do yourself a service and check out these plans by bodaster: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129695/box-insert-plan-st...

I made it for about $30 in materials (used really high end foamcore -- you could make it for as cheap as $11) over a few hours. It's perfect. Lightweight, durable, easy to repair if necessary, easy to modify, compartments come out and stack well so it's easy to keep everything within arm's reach. I made more game card storage in place of the gear cards because my gear's in a binder, and I'll easily be able to fit all the cards from all expansions (current and future) fully sleeved.

Not that there's anything wrong with these inserts, but if you want to save a little money and get something you can make to fit your needs seriously check out that link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Someone bought the feldherr foamcore insert? I still cant understand where you put it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered. 55 GBP + 16 GBP shipping to Belgium.
Current exchange rate very much in my favour.

Too bad I already have the Top Down Terrain insert. However, this one seems superior by far.
Can always use the one I already have later when the new expansions arrive in the coming years .

Talk about KDM being a money sink...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan P
Belgium
Roeselare
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, am from Belgium myself and was looking at this a while ago myself. Good to hear it's worth it. I'll probably order asap with wave 2 incoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taboobat wrote:
As always when talking about custom inserts do yourself a service and check out these plans by bodaster: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129695/box-insert-plan-st...

I made it for about $30 in materials (used really high end foamcore -- you could make it for as cheap as $11) over a few hours. It's perfect. Lightweight, durable, easy to repair if necessary, easy to modify, compartments come out and stack well so it's easy to keep everything within arm's reach. I made more game card storage in place of the gear cards because my gear's in a binder, and I'll easily be able to fit all the cards from all expansions (current and future) fully sleeved.

Not that there's anything wrong with these inserts, but if you want to save a little money and get something you can make to fit your needs seriously check out that link.
I really need to set aside the time to do this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will definitely be the cheapest option around.
Import duties were 30 EUR for the Top Down Terrain insert if I recall correctly (on a value of insert + shipping of 100 USD).

In general, importing inserts from the US currently costs more than buying the related base game (KDM excluded of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone with all current expansions checked if all large cards and gear cards would fit in the 1384mm respectively 614mm (unsleeved or sleeved)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
I really need to set aside the time to do this...

It really is a bit time consuming, but bodaster's plans are great and you can fully modify them to your needs. Furthermore it's very lightweight and you can brag that you built it yourself. I finished the lower compartments yesterday and hope to finish the upper ones next week (I think I will modify the token area slightly to have a small compartment for the individual ones, and I still haven't decided on the need for coin capsules ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game really needs a custom tray for sure but I won't think about it until I get the whole KDM package.
Before that, I just can't tell if any of those solutions would do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
The game really needs a custom tray for sure but I won't think about it until I get the whole KDM package.

This is very true. However, comparing size and the set-up of their insert, it seems to offer a lot more actual component space than Top Down Terrain.
The mere fact that this one fills the entire box will add more room (I estimate about half a centimeter is lost on all sides with TDT insert, no one seems to know why)

However, the proof is in the eating (or stuffing more than expansions still in one core box) .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Iudex wrote:
baylock wrote:

This is very true. However, comparing size and the set-up of their insert, it seems to offer a lot more actual component space than Top Down Terrain.
The mere fact that this one fills the entire box will add more room (I estimate about half a centimeter is lost on all sides with TDT insert, no one seems to know why)

However, the proof is in the eating (or stuffing more than expansions still in one core box) .

True that you could compare the different trays right now and assess which one is the way to go among what's available.
But it still doesn't tell much about the compatibility with what is left to be received (which is what you said already, agreed).
It will probably be fine for the cards and tokens but what concerns me the most is the (brand new) expansions rulebooks and tiles. The expansions tiles could be a real pain to store.
That's why I prefer to wait even though I'm dying for a storing solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely understand waiting. I just know I will play less if setup is a nightmare.

Either way: my parcel is already on its way! Great and fast service from xelaser!

If I don't forget, I will post feedback in this thread or a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I received the insert on Wednesday. Have left my review on their website (pending approval, I have no clue why that would be, reviews are supposed to be opinions, right? whistle ). Either way, it should be on there shortly, I made it way too long to type again on my tablet.

Short version: IMHO best solution out there at the moment, albeit with some weird design choices.

Feel free to ask further details of course !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself here. I'm Alex from Xelaser, so if you've got any questions, let me know!

I designed this insert with multiple options after we started playing and pimping KDM. I started out as a coin capsule and gear cards in a binder person, but have since gone back to naked tokens (albeit with painted edges), but kept the binder. Then the different options were born! A downside of multiple options is that it's more difficult to hold stock and are manufacturing to order, that said, I believe everything has shipped within 4 days of ordering so far, so less than the advertised estimate.

As for the future, I'm desperately hoping that the gamblers chest comes in a gorgeous box full of beautiful minis, but also that we can then add an insert to it to cope with whatever wave 4 throws at us. There's so many lovely gear grids and stat trackers already that I'm not releasing our own without at interesting new idea to go with it.

As for the previous commentors pending review (it's approved now), we find it easier from a man power point of view to approve reviews rather than try and squash spam for... umm... male pills, before other people (and search engines) wander across it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes a lot of semse. I am just too used to seeing the internet as a forum, I guess.

I can confirm my review has been published in full and that Alex already replied to my remarks.
Very happy with the service.

Great that you also backed the chest, we will be im dire need of more storage by wave 4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Weber
msg tools
I'm curious if all gear cards (including all current expansions) will fit inside this solution, with or without sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.