Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [DEAD] [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serhiy Saf
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a hot deal? )

http://a.co/7oUoTzJ
As descriptios says : "Revised edition of Uwe Rosenberg’s celebrated classic".

54$ at MM and 54 at Coolstuffinc (but out of stock currently)

Edited: 28.02.18 - 48.62 at the moment.
So the Hot Deal has gone.
8 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Serhiious wrote:
Is this a hot deal?


Not if you have to ask that question
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Serhiious wrote:
Is this a hot deal? )

http://a.co/7oUoTzJ
As descriptios says : "Revised edition of Uwe Rosenberg’s celebrated classic".

54$ at MM and 54 at Coolstuffinc (but out of stock currently)


It most certainly is!
https://camelcamelcamel.com/Mayfair-Games-MFG3515-Agricola-G...=
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Thats a gr8 deal.

Never seen it below 44 in the last 6 yrs
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
rams1984 wrote:
Thats a gr8 deal.

Never seen it below 44 in the last 6 yrs


I sold our copy years ago due to my not liking it but I told my wife about the deal and she wanted me to order it since she likes it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Conrade

Shawnee
Kansas
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Awesome deal for the best game. Almost makes me want to buy a backup copy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
rams1984 wrote:
Thats a gr8 deal.

Never seen it below 44 in the last 6 yrs


Really? I have!
whistle

Bought mine last week and have already played twice with the wife. We both really enjoyed this classic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Naessens
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Wife and I love the Agricola:All Creatures game, so I'd been debating on picking this one up for a while; glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads-up!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Wife and I love the Agricola:All Creatures game, so I'd been debating on picking this one up for a while; glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads-up!


I really like A:ACBS but have never loved Agricola. They are quite different IMHO. Knowing that may make it easier to enjoy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Naessens
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Redward wrote:
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Wife and I love the Agricola:All Creatures game, so I'd been debating on picking this one up for a while; glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads-up!


I really like A:ACBS but have never loved Agricola. They are quite different IMHO. Knowing that may make it easier to enjoy.


Good to know, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Redward wrote:
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Wife and I love the Agricola:All Creatures game, so I'd been debating on picking this one up for a while; glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads-up!


I really like A:ACBS but have never loved Agricola. They are quite different IMHO. Knowing that may make it easier to enjoy.


Good to know, thanks!


Agreed on them being different, but liking one still may be a good indicator. My wife isn't a gamer, so while my collection is enormous she only plays a few. She liked All Creatures. It was her first worker placement. I actually picked up Caverna next, due to it being a little more forgiving than Agricola (in terms of feeding your family). But then this sale happened, so we tried Agricola first. She didn't stress about food since I emphasized from the start that it was a number one priority. That's the biggest change, IMHO, from All Creatures. As long as feeding/begging doesn't catch her by surprise, I bet she'll enjoy it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
japester1 wrote:
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Redward wrote:
GolfGamesGuitars wrote:
Wife and I love the Agricola:All Creatures game, so I'd been debating on picking this one up for a while; glad I waited.

Thanks for the heads-up!


I really like A:ACBS but have never loved Agricola. They are quite different IMHO. Knowing that may make it easier to enjoy.


Good to know, thanks!


Agreed on them being different, but liking one still may be a good indicator. My wife isn't a gamer, so while my collection is enormous she only plays a few. She liked All Creatures. It was her first worker placement. I actually picked up Caverna next, due to it being a little more forgiving than Agricola (in terms of feeding your family). But then this sale happened, so we tried Agricola first. She didn't stress about food since I emphasized from the start that it was a number one priority. That's the biggest change, IMHO, from All Creatures. As long as feeding/begging doesn't catch her by surprise, I bet she'll enjoy it.


Good points. The number of things that everyone "must do" to score well and that bottleneck is not a source of fun for me (many fans disagree). I like that A:ACB&S has less factors that bottle neck. That to me is just as much of an issue as the feedings which are one of the big bottle necking factors.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray G.
msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
I guess the question is when does the deluxe edition come out? :/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Mayor77 wrote:
I guess the question is when does the deluxe edition come out? :/


Now that Mayfair has closed it's doors....? shake

Supporting this revised edition should be a no-brainer, but we are talking about Asmodee here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al G. En
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
We have Caverna
We have A Feast for Odin

We don't need Agricola... or so I thought.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vidaurreta
Argentina
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
does anyone know its weight? In everywhere says 2lb, but in amazon is listed as 5lb.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh O'Bryan
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
fede843 wrote:
does anyone know its weight? In everywhere says 2lb, but in amazon is listed as 5lb.


I would definitely say more towards the 5lb range. It's got alot of wood.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Which counterfeit edition is this one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
edparkmike1 wrote:
Which counterfeit edition is this one?


Well, it's being sold BY Amazon, so if it turns out as fake, you can easily return it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vas K
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Thanks for this.

I've been hesitant to pick this up because it's on the heavier side for my wife and I and am not sure when I'll get it to the table with gamer friends (I did pick up ACLAS a while back and hope my wife will enjoy that one).

But at this price, I can't pass up this classic - I ordered.

-v
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Is this revised version even necessary if i already have an earlier version of Agricola. I assume they are all mostly the same (maybe except the extra meeples)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hecox
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Game Reviewer
badge
Help, I can't stop laughing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
I want this, but with all the Mayfair hoopla, I'm on the fence because I wonder if they'll revise it again and I'll be an edition behind for getting matching expansions and such.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Van Dam
United States
Anderson
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my reviews Geeklist! Have a great day!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
The differences are largely cosmetic. The boards have improved art (in my opinion). There are animeeples and farmer meeples included. There are fewer cards, but the decks are more balanced that older versions. New card decks and expansions will be compatible with this version from now on (the card backs are different), and the language are the cards has been improved/simplified.

All this said if you already have a copy of Agricola there are plenty of expansion decks to add to it, you will have a different assortment of cards, but can create more balanced decks using the forums here on BGG. If you are already enjoying your copy I'd stick with it. I have the new edition because I just got one for Christmas.
- benefits to the older versions-
- 5 player
- more bits
- more cards
- many more expansions currently available

- benefits of the newer version-
- nicer art and bits
- more balanced cards
- new expansions will be for this one

hope that helps!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schirtz
United States
Oswego
New York
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
Damn...Just went in to get it, it showed the price as $33, then when I hit add to cart the deal was already over and it added it for $50. I will patiently wait, it was more because of the deal I have too many unplayed games as is already.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Agricola - 33.19 usd
TKE377 wrote:
Damn...Just went in to get it, it showed the price as $33, then when I hit add to cart the deal was already over and it added it for $50. I will patiently wait, it was more because of the deal I have too many unplayed games as is already.


Just checked, and you're right. It's back up to $48. Dead?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.