Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I will be college shopping this weekend. Are there any gaming events / locations in that area during that time? If we have any free time I would love to have some options.

I have identified Labyrinth and The Board & Brew - it appears nothing specific is going on at those locations except Friday Night Magic (always a possibility).

All ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
Concetta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
board & brew is nice ... but ... no (inexpensive) parking nearby (and lots of tempting-looking spots where you can get towed). also, whenever i've been there, it's not a place to find people looking for other players. people show up with their friends and play games with their friends. really good game library though.

labyrinth, unless there's something scheduled, won't have anything going on

best bet is to look for meetups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you don't mind driving to the opposite side of DC, the "Landing" in the Crystal City Shops (Virginia) has a good turn out. And has an event tonight and Monday.

https://www.meetup.com/beerbogglers/events/247685180/

FYI: The "landing" isn't a shop, just a large open seating area in the mall

P.S. - I just noticed you're from Basking Ridge, I grew up in Bernardsville and used to work at Ridge Pizzeria. Small world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grafpoo wrote:
board & brew is nice ... but ... no (inexpensive) parking nearby (and lots of tempting-looking spots where you can get towed). also, whenever i've been there, it's not a place to find people looking for other players. people show up with their friends and play games with their friends. really good game library though.

Thanks. Very useful information.

I did take a quick look at meetup and didn't see anything but was, admittedly not looking thoroughly. Do you know of any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion81 wrote:
If you don't mind driving to the opposite side of DC, the "Landing" in the Crystal City Shops (Virginia) has a good turn out. And has an event tonight and Monday.

https://www.meetup.com/beerbogglers/events/247685180/

FYI: The "landing" isn't a shop, just a large open seating area in the mall

P.S. - I just noticed you're from Basking Ridge, I grew up in Bernardsville and used to work at Ridge Pizzeria. Small world.

Yes! It is a small world! That is our go to place for when our son hosts D&D at our house. Pricey but all the boys like it so easy.

I am not sure when we will get there tonight and we will already be in Maryland on Monday. I will keep this information if we are in time tonight, though.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

You're in range of Family Game Store in Savage, Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie, and Third Eye Games & Hobbies in Annapolis. That opens up your options quite a bit, all three are very high quality venues.

Family Game Store has "Game Night" on Saturdays, 6pm to 12M. Open play, lots of choices. https://familygamestore.net/fgswebapp/

Games & Stuff has Star Wars Destiny Draft Tournament, and what appears to be an under-construction web site that is not very helpful at the moment. http://gamesandstuffonline.com/featured-events/

Third Eye has MTG Commander, Pokemon, etc. https://thirdeyegamesandhobbies.com/events/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekChaCha wrote:
grafpoo wrote:

Thanks. Very useful information.

I did take a quick look at meetup and didn't see anything but was, admittedly not looking thoroughly. Do you know of any?

funnily, the one i thought of for tonight, in silver spring, is not in the meetups. but there;s a link here:

https://www.gamesclubofmd.org/locations.asp?location=9#meeti...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gentry
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grafpoo wrote:

I guess it depends on your definition of expensive? The parking in the garage directly behind them (same building) is only $1/hour or something close to that. You just have to feed the meter every few hours, but I don’t recall it being crazy expensive like trying to park in downtown DC. They really do have an awesome library, and good food to boot. I’d be there all the time if I didn’t live an hour away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.