Hide
3 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alliances and Deliberately Losing Honour rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Micromegas
msg tools
Had our first game last night and it was enjoyable even though I royally screwed up the points scoring. One thing that struck me is it's difficult to deliberately lose Honour or break Alliances if you want to as a strategy (to take advantage of ONI for example)

- Is the Betrayal mandate the only way to break an alliance or can you do it at any time.
- Are there formal consequences to breaking the terms of a negotiation (ie: I pay one player to attack another player, he agrees, takes the money but attacks me instead). It seems as though this should lose Honour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Betrayal mandate is the only way to break an alliance.
So yeah, losing honor isn't easy, however some training cards do make it easier as they drop your honor each time you use them.

There was a recent thread about a propposed variant to lose honor every time you lie/go back on your word.
It was immediately deemed broken.
I encourage you to scan for the thread. It was very recent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alliances also dissolve at the beginning of each tea ceremony in Summer and Autumn. It's not technically breaking then since they players have to do it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.