Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: (yet another) Climate + Flight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I currently own Climate. Can Climate be played with Flight?
What I am asking is that there are any physical incompatibilities between them (card size, card back, etc) not game-play or design
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, cards are the same style. It's just design aspects that combining is not officially recommended. I haven't tried combining yet myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffling all the cads together can lead to a wonky experience. But you can use The Cliffs, the Avian Species Boards, and the Flight Tiles in your game of CLIMATE and get an awesome experience. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the responses, I will order the expansion soon
Great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Nope, cards are the same style.

If the games are in the same language, yes. German and English cards are different, as I found out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Garcia
United States
Miami Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
"When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you" ― Friedrich Nietzsche
badge
“We are a way for the universe to know itself.” ― Carl Sagan
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Shuffling all the cads together can lead to a wonky experience. But you can use The Cliffs, the Avian Species Boards, and the Flight Tiles in your game of CLIMATE and get an awesome experience. I highly recommend it.

Does this mean you do not recommend playing it with the Events from Flight?

Would the new Climate events also affect the food on the cliff? if so, how does that work?

I really like the Flight expansion and I definitely would like to combine it with Climate.

Thanks,
Oscar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
oscargarciaosuna wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Does this mean you do not recommend playing it with the Events from Flight?

Would the new Climate events also affect the food on the cliff? if so, how does that work?

I really like the Flight expansion and I definitely would like to combine it with Climate.

Thanks,
Oscar

Go ahead and combine it! Upon further reflection I think my fears of it being wonky were overstated. they were based upon some early versions of Climate traits which did not made the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.