Popular Tags: [View All]
XL Jedi
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Actually, I'm kicking myself a bit for not thinking of this before!

I frequently find situations at the office where I want to make a small edit to something I just wrote on a large dry erase board and I typically just use my finger to smudge it out quickly. ...and end up transferring fingerprints to my pants or shirt as a result.

I was sitting in my chair the other day and glanced over at my glass bookshelf. I had recently put some of those little 1/4" round sticky felt pads on the corners of the glass, and thought "Hey, those would make great little erasers for my dry erase pens!" So I bought another pack of em at the local Lowes/HD store and stuck them on my dry erase marker caps at the office. They work great!

Now I have this Talon game... So of course, I stuck some of these little felt circles on my "Ultra Fine" dry erase marker caps and presto; now they have eraser caps.

You can find them at places like Lowes and Home Depot in the aisle where you might find "furniture sliders" or "silencers" for kitchen cubbard doors.

I'm also thinking of putting some of the larger felt circle (3/4 inch maybe) on the bottom of some of those old Sorry-style game pieces that I have lying around. Thinking they might be good larger-sized erasers for Talon that could quickly wipe off the whole hex counter.

Granted... I s'pose for Talon, that Q-tips and Kleenex work just as well. I just kinda like the idea of having a little eraser attached to each dry erase marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like erasers on the markers too, especially after I played Captain Sonar.

I like your felt pad idea. I have to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How has this solution been working for you long term?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.