1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: How many expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giancarlo Torres
msg tools
Hello.
We have been told by Monolith that the base game will be around 130$ and that the All In pledge will be around 330$. So 200$ difference.
The expansions for Conan were 50$ each.
200$/50$ = 4
So my guess is that there will be four expansions.
What do you guys think? Multiple add-ons, four expansions or a mix between the two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about right. I know that one of the add-ons includes the bat mobile.

Just speculation: I am thinking another one might be a Court of Owls add-on. It would include the Wayne Manor and the Bat Cave, and the giant T-Rex would be the wow factor. This is just speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
SDDonkey wrote:
Sounds about right. I know that one of the expansions is the the bat mobile.

Just speculation: I am thinking another one might be a Court of Owls add-on. It would include the Wayne Manor and the Bat Cave, and the giant T-Rex would be the wow factor. This is just speculation.

Both rumor and my prediction for the second expansion - Arkham Asylum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's do this!
(these are all guesses with all i hear here and on facebook)

Base game $140
2 big expansions $60 each (i heard Wayne Manor and Arkham Asylum) = $120
1 extra villain dashboard for 1vs1 mode $35
extra dice because everyone loves dice $15
Batmobile $30
2 Pack of scenarios props $20 = $40

so we are in the $360 range. With a discount to all-in, $330

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Torres
msg tools
SDDonkey wrote:

Interesting. You made me realize that the court of owls miniatures don't appear on the main boxes trailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Torres
msg tools
Don Sombrero wrote:
SDDonkey wrote:

An Arkham Asylum expansion would complete my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Torres
msg tools
eduguima wrote:
Let's do this!
(these are all guesses with all i hear here and on facebook)

Base game $140
2 big expansions $60 each (i heard Wayne Manor and Arkham Asylum) = $120
1 extra villain dashboard for 1vs1 mode $35
extra dice because everyone loves dice $15
Batmobile $30
2 Pack of scenarios props $20 = $40

so we are in the $360 range. With a discount to all-in, $330

Nice. Have you heard anything about stretch goals? I really hope there are stretch goals like in the Conan Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmbmb
My guess is that they'll group either the add ons or sgs by storyline. A few new figures, maybe a new board and a book of scenarios that roughly follow the plot (hopefully with art from the comic). So based on what we've already seen, they could do a night of the owls one with the court and the thrasher suit, a DKR one with the miller dark knight (and maybe Carrie and some mutants), a long Halloween one with the alternate Catwoman (and other year one era alt sculpts), a death in the family one with faceless Joe. That might explain why they have mentioned specific storylines as inspirations.

I can definitely see Arkham and Wayne manor as the two big box expansions though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
SDDonkey wrote:

I asked on Facebook, and Monolith said that the Bat mobile was an add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to see a Superman SG, why else would there be a Kryptonite card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thenew wrote:
Hello.
We have been told by Monolith that the base game will be around 130$ and that the All In pledge will be around 330$. So 200$ difference.
The expansions for Conan were 50$ each.
200$/50$ = 4
So my guess is that there will be four expansions.
What do you guys think? Multiple add-ons, four expansions or a mix between the two?

Considering this hasn't been designed for retail, I don't think the expansion content is as strictly broken down to distinct expansions as for Conan.

Regardless, if there isn't a League of Shadows expansion, I'll riot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard on facebook there will be SGs, but don't take my word as official, i'm just a random guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
I heard on facebook there will be SGs, but don't take my word as official, i'm just a random guy

If the SG's are new characters, I hope they have them planned up to Condiment King.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmbmb
SDDonkey wrote:

They've mentioned Hush, so I could definitely see it as one of the big milestone sgs.

I hope there's some kind of storage solution for backers who go all-in. The hero/villain boxes are a neat idea, so it would be a shame to have a bunch of separate expansion boxes as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kdc629 wrote:
SDDonkey wrote:

They've mentioned Hush, so I could definitely see it as one of the big milestone sgs.

I hope there's some kind of storage solution for backers who go all-in. The hero/villain boxes are a neat idea, so it would be a shame to have a bunch of separate expansion boxes as well.

The revealed boxes are said to be able to contain all pre-planned content, including t-rex and batmobile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Face book they said:

"These 2 boxes will constitute the core game, which includes all the base offerings plus all the stretch goals we're hoping will be unlocked during the campaign."

Storage solution achieved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
kdc629 wrote:
SDDonkey wrote:

The revealed boxes are said to be able to contain all pre-planned content, including t-rex and batmobile.

I don't think so. T-rex will probably fit in the Wayne Manor Box expansion and i doubt the batmobile will fit in the core box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SDDonkey wrote:

They've said before no actual superhero heros. They're just too powerful to balance.

Regarding the OP, I honestly hope for minimal add-ons, for the sole purpose of having fewer boxes and it would help them with fewer possible order combinations.

We're already at 2 boxes. Ideally I would love to have everything fit into those two boxes. I create my own inserts etc. 3 at the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
SDDonkey wrote:
On Face book they said:

"These 2 boxes will constitute the core game, which includes all the base offerings plus all the stretch goals we're hoping will be unlocked during the campaign."

Storage solution achieved!

Let the math minion do the work

Core + SG = All - Add-ons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Torres
msg tools
typo360 wrote:
SDDonkey wrote:

They've said before no actual superhero heros. They're just too powerful to balance.

Regarding the OP, I honestly hope for minimal add-ons, for the sole purpose of having fewer boxes and it would help them with fewer possible order combinations.

We're already at 2 boxes. Ideally, I would love to have everything fit into those two boxes. I create my own inserts etc. 3 at the most.

I take your view. The ideal would be for all the boxes to be the same size and with uniform design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
BTW, hasn'r somebody mention two big box expansions about a month ago? At the time they were described as Arkham Asylum and Wayne Manor (which will most likely be Cout of Owls).

I guess the rest of the sum will be distributed among smaller add-ons like Batmobile and and bat-credit card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know how many maps are included in the core? Beside the subway. It may help make wild guesses about expansions.

Heck, they may blow us away with a Gaslight expansion. Probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
Yep, that's what I said, and it's still that two .
That, Versu Mode, and a small one, the Batmobile.

4 add-ons.

EDIT : 4 maps in corebox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the second big expansion might not be Arkham Asylum....hear me out:

4 maps in corebox: we were show subway, sewers, streets and ACE chemicals. I think these are the core maps.

first expansion is wayne manor we saw the maps (or parts of)

it was said that there's a bank map, but if the core game have all the maps showed, bank does not fit the Arkham Asylum theme. Only if Sewers are part of the Arkham Asylum....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
So the second big expansion might not be Arkham Asylum....hear me out:

4 maps in corebox: we were show subway, sewers, streets and ACE chemicals. I think these are the core maps.

first expansion is wayne manor we saw the maps (or parts of)

it was said that there's a bank map, but if the core game have all the maps showed, bank does not fit the Arkham Asylum theme. Only if Sewers are part of the Arkham Asylum....

I feel like ACE chemicals could be a Joker origins Add-on, but who knows. I like your guess too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.