Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does trap damage count as my damage dealt? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I push an enemy onto a trap, does the trap damage count for abilities that require amount of damage dealt? Like in (Personal Quest spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Scenario 54 Palace of Ice I need to charge the Staff of Xorn with X damage dealt to some particular enemies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you Push/Pull something into a trap and it kills it, you get credit for the kill. So I'd think that same logic applies here. If you Push/Pull something into a trap and it does X damage to it, you'd get credit for doing that damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goodwin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I agree that you get credit for killing it but an ability that adds +1 to damage you deal wouldn't get added because the trap does the damage. Same for "gain 1xp for damage dealt" wouldn't apply because the trap does the damage. That's why, on the Tinkerer, one of the abilities makes a poison trap and specifically points out you get xp when an ENEMY triggers it. I use things like that to infer that traps not added by an ability are not player damage. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.