United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PNPers, start your printers.

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/234298/Table-Battles-Exp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What components have the print and play file? Number of cards...
What other components do you have to add to make the game playable?
Is required to have the base game or you could play this expansion without it? I'm not interested in the first battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an expansion, not a standalone. The base game has the rulebook and tells you what physical bits you will need to play the game.

If you're really determined to PNP the expansion on its own without the base game, you could download the rulebook from BGG and get/proxy the components specified there.

There are 49 cards altogether (double-sided) in the expansion.

Note that the base game does include a fairly important battle from this period, Bosworth Field.

Personally of course I'd rather folks buy the base game and the expansion rather than "circumvent" the base game. The whole idea being of course is that someone buys the base game, and with it the ability to buy any number of expansions they desire - that allows for a fair compensation for the time and energy that went into designing the system and the specific battles. The "actual" game retails for $35 plus $20 for the expansion, while the PNPs in both cases are $12. So by PNPing it, getting both the base game and the expansion, you're already saving thirty bucks. We only get a small portion of what you pay. Getting just the expansion reduces that even further. So, yeah, we'd naturally rather you get the base game and the expansion, because the more of these things we sell, the more likely it is that we can keep making them.

But, do what works for you of course. One less PNP isn't going to ruin us. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick and enlightening answer. Thank you very much.
I will think about it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game does have an eclectic and interesting variety of battles though. Not all of them were of particular interest to me (either), but I've enjoyed every one I've played so far (there are 3, I think, that I haven't tried yet).

That being said, I was very happy that the first expansion was on the Wars of the Roses, as that is a conflict of particular (and long time) interest to me. After spending some time with it, I can't wait to see what the next expansion might be.

I am not now nor have I ever been an employee of Hollandspiele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
So, yeah, we'd naturally rather you get the base game and the expansion, because the more of these things we sell, the more likely it is that we can keep making them.

Speaking of which ... is it possible that this format can be adapted to Napoleonic-era battles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
So, yeah, we'd naturally rather you get the base game and the expansion, because the more of these things we sell, the more likely it is that we can keep making them.

Speaking of which ... is it possible that this format can be adapted to Napoleonic-era battles?

Oh, certainly, and it's on our list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

Oh, certainly, and it's on our list.

Oh dear. Goodbye 5db
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
So there isn't an expansion rulebook? I'm guessing the rules explanantions are on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions are just decks of cards. The only "rules" on the cards are those regarding specific formations and their capabilities, just as in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.