5 Posts

Finished!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Future Cards After Below the Stack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The glossary entries for both "into the Future" cards say that the future cards return to the present "When you finish your turn by moving the cards from the Present Area to the Past Area."

But when you use "Below the Stack", you turn ends but you do not move cards from Present to Past (the Present cards go below the Draw Stack).

In this case, do cards from the Future come to the Present - or do they stay in the Future and you draw three new cards to the Present.

There are other rules that apply when cards go from Present to Past: gaining Sweets from sequences and drinking Coffee for 00:48.

In both case, it's been ruled that these rules apply also when sequences or 00:48 go "Below the Stack".

For that reason, I play that cards from the Future come to the Present after Below the Stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I'm clear on what you're suggesting...

The "Below the Stack" card is essentially replacing the "Present to Past" turn step and thus triggers anything that would apply to the latter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gone through every case, but it seems that's a general principle of the game.

It's as if "Below the Stack" is still going to the past - just further into the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
I haven't gone through every case, but it seems that's a general principle of the game.

It's as if "Below the Stack" is still going to the past - just further into the past.

Coincidentally, that's also how I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can almost think of it as moving the present to the past, but attachting them to the left instead of to the right.
This way of thinking only works if there are 3+ cards in the past though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.