8 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario1 build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says use 20 tiles in the description it says which areas.
But where do I start?
1.Do I just start on a random tile?
2. Van where do I place it?
3. If random tile does the reveal take an effect.
4. What am I missing in this scenario?
5. more questions to come

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You always start at the Van, unless otherwise specified. You can create your map randomly, some scenarios have general guidelines I think but scenario 1 does not... Your safest bet is to create a square and put the Van somewhere outside of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finestra wrote:
It says use 20 tiles in the description it says which areas.
But where do I start?
1.Do I just start on a random tile?
2. Van where do I place it?
3. If random tile does the reveal take an effect.
4. What am I missing in this scenario?
5. more questions to come

The tutorial is the only scenario that has you set up the game in a specific way.

You will start on the van for most of the scenarios going forward. When making the map you can set it up however you like. For an easier game, just make a simple square with easy access to all tiles. For a more challenging game leave some gaps in the middle that you will have to move around to get where you’re going. It’s your choice.

The van will always be place wherever you want around the outside.

If there’s ever a scenario (like the tutorial) that calls for the first tile to be revealed, you do not trigger any effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-read the Setup section of the rule book. It tells you exactly how to set up the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.
I missed the thing about the Van being default startup tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. if you final movement is on a tile with monster(s) on, you have to either test for stealth or activate monster(s)(If you don't have any monster in front of you). If you pass the test and the next tile is also with monster(s) and you move onto it in your next turn. You don't have to make a test for leaving the tile but only when you enter a tile?
By that I mean if you already have done the test you don't have do it when you leave, and only when you enter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Finestra wrote:
5. if you final movement is on a tile with monster(s) on, you have to either test for stealth or activate monster(s)(If you don't have any monster in front of you). If you pass the test and the next tile is also with monster(s) and you move onto it in your next turn. You don't have to make a test for leaving the tile but only when you enter a tile?
By that I mean if you already have done the test you don't have do it when you leave, and only when you enter?

A tile will have MONSTER TOKENS which are different from MONSTERS (cards attached to heroes). The rules will make more sense if you don't confuse the two and think of them as the same thing.

You are correct, you only stealth when ENTERING a tile with MONSTER TOKENS (and no attached MONSTERS). You do not need to stealth when leaving a tile with monster tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Finestra wrote:

A tile will have MONSTER TOKENS which are different from MONSTERS (cards attached to heroes). The rules will make more sense if you don't confuse the two and think of them as the same thing.

You are correct, you only stealth when ENTERING a tile with MONSTER TOKENS (and no attached MONSTERS). You do not need to stealth when leaving a tile with monster tokens.

Thank you for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.