David Diaz
Canada
flag msg tools
Spent some time last night fitting most of the stretch goal and expansion components into the core box. Wasn't difficult but I figured I'd post a few pictures of how I did it. I still have to try and find space for the plastic walls but everything else needed to play the game fit.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HTwCL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah cool...

*Looks over images*

... nice, impressive ...

*Sees unsleeved cards...*

*...gripped by elasticbands!*

surprise

I shall seek another solution!!!

Well, OK, card mistreatment aside, it does seem hard to get everything you need for the base game into the base game box if you are trying to (a) keep the fancy insert and (b) sleeve cards

I've got the Hapsi can, so sadly it's almost impossible to get it all in that base box. Maybe adjusting the insert to just be the part holding the heavy hitters... it's not like the support units have THAT much paint detail on them - some custom foam tray might suffice for them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Diaz
Canada
flag msg tools
Haha. Sorry I gave you a heart attack. I honestly never sleeve cards in my games. Maybe in 20 - 30 years I'll regret it, but I doubt any game I have will get played so much that the cards will get damaged enough. I only really play with my family and close friends so everyone is respectful of the components. There's still room in there so I bet you could fit the decks of sleeved cards in somehow. I don't like using elastics either. I'm going to either use a deck box to hold the cards or plastic baggies to hold each player deck. I just didn't have any on hand the night I opened it up and decided to consolidate it.

Cutting down the insert would definitely help a lot. You could probably just keep the part with the heavy hitters and leave the support units loose like you said. If you get all your parts in I'd love to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m gonna end up making some kind of insert for the core box. There is a lot of wasted space. Should be able to fit everything in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.