Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the solo scenarios and dials as part of the second printing Kickstarter. I thought the solo scenarios had new items with them, but after carefully checking my shipping envelope, I only saw the scenario book and the four dials. Am I missing something, or just remembering wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
Canada
Otterburn Park
Quebec
flag msg tools
Pretty sure there should be 17 new items, one per character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nordell

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the solo scenarios (albeit from the boardgamegeek store, not the KS) and it came with the item cards brent just mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came in a little plastic packet (like the random scenarios in the game). I got the solo scenarios through the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, I'll contact Cephalofair to get the item cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
The KS solo add-on did not include the solo scenario item cards, just the book with the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rossi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
quilleashm wrote:
The KS solo add-on did not include the solo scenario item cards, just the book with the scenarios.

If that's the case, it's gotta be only if you didn't get the core game because I backed the 2nd Edition kickstarter and my solo scenario book came with the items. They were in the box along with the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Samurai
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If it makes you feel better, not sure that I got them to after backing 2nd ed KS.

What are item nos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2nd edition upgrade came with the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverSam wrote:
What are item nos?

The last solo scenario item is #150. As a 2nd edition backer, mine came in the box along with all the other item cards; they weren't separately marked as solo scenario items, although once you earn them it will be very obvious that they are tailored to that class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SilverSam wrote:

If it makes you feel better, not sure that I got them to after backing 2nd ed KS.

What are item nos?

Item # 134 through Item # 150
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
Canada
Otterburn Park
Quebec
flag msg tools
Robyrt wrote:
SilverSam wrote:
What are item nos?

The last solo scenario item is #150. As a 2nd edition backer, mine came in the box along with all the other item cards; they weren't separately marked as solo scenario items, although once you earn them it will be very obvious that they are tailored to that class.

Wait, so these class specific items are included with the 2nd printing of Gloomhaven?

Basically all i'd be missing is the solo scenario book which is available in PDF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
alcovitch wrote:
Robyrt wrote:
SilverSam wrote:
What are item nos?

Wait, so these class specific items are included with the 2nd printing of Gloomhaven?

Basically all i'd be missing is the solo scenario book which is available in PDF?

No, they dont come with the 2nd edition.

If you also bought the solo scenarios on kickstarter, they threw it into the same box.

If you just bought the 2nd edition, you do not have the solo scenario stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are these items actually "class specific"?
Yes, you need that specific class to do the solo scenario and receive the item initially, but once that character retires or sells the item, does it not become available for any other character to buy and use? Or does the card specifically limit it to the one class?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
If they sold it or retired then it would become available in the shop just like any other item.

A couple of them will only work for their designed classes, but most of them can work with anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quilleashm wrote:

I went back and looked at the Kickstarter. It says

"PDFs of these scenarios and the accompanying item rewards are already available online, but now you can pledge $10 to receive a printed version. This includes a 24-page scenario book of 17 all-new solo scenarios and a deck of 17 item cards - rewards for completing each of the missions."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Are these items actually "class specific"?
Yes, you need that specific class to do the solo scenario and receive the item initially, but once that character retires or sells the item, does it not become available for any other character to buy and use? Or does the card specifically limit it to the one class?

The item could just as well (mechanically) be in a chest that you can loot after fulfilling the scenario goal. The character playing the scenario has "dibs", but after they sell it or retire, it's available to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
Canada
Otterburn Park
Quebec
flag msg tools
ribsies wrote:
alcovitch wrote:
Robyrt wrote:
SilverSam wrote:
What are item nos?

No, they dont come with the 2nd edition.

If you also bought the solo scenarios on kickstarter, they threw it into the same box.

If you just bought the 2nd edition, you do not have the solo scenario stuff.

Sigh, that sucks. And of course, like everything else Gloomhaven, it's impossible to order the solo stuff (or at ridiculous prices)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alcovitch wrote:
Sigh, that sucks. And of course, like everything else Gloomhaven, it's impossible to order the solo stuff (or at ridiculous prices)

But they are freely available for print-and-play (with the blessings of the designer)
See Isaac's announcement
Since there is no need to shuffle item cards (other than random item design items, which doesn't apply here), you can print off the items on regular paper and they work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I am not sure I got them either. I need to re-check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
If you bought the solo scenarios via 2nd print kickstarter together with the core game, then the item cards should be placed inside the Gloomhaven core box, right next to the other items inside of a small plastic bag (item numbers should be somewhere around 140). The solo scenario booklet should be stored separate from the core game box inside of the shipping package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
Canada
Otterburn Park
Quebec
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
alcovitch wrote:

But they are freely available for print-and-play (with the blessings of the designer)
See Isaac's announcement
Since there is no need to shuffle item cards (other than random item design items, which doesn't apply here), you can print off the items on regular paper and they work just fine.

I want to buy the actual scenario book and the professionally printed cards. I'm aware I can print them off to get it done, but that doesn't excuse the fact it's a $10 dollar package that is impossible to find if you don't want to pay 70+ bucks.

Why can't I simply buy this stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.