Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Simmons
United States
staten island
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to confirm this, but stealth essentially means nothing in this pairing, right? Also on a side note the thief can carry as many treasures as they wish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alina Volana
Norway
flag msg tools
Yes and yes, but keep in mind that the Cave still counts unstashed treasures when determining how many omens to draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
macomgaine wrote:
I just want to confirm this, but stealth essentially means nothing in this pairing, right? Also on a side note the thief can carry as many treasures as they wish?

Yes this is my understanding of the rules too. There are more implications. Flap stat is a poor upgrade choice because it means you are merely upgrading your useless stat. Also the Thief and Cave cannot "attack" each other, so back stab and unnatural evasion are also useless upgrades in this context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
In most of the two player setups (and even some 3+ setup) there will be some abilities, stats, tokens, etc. that won't be useful to a given player.

In Cave vs. Thief, the Thief can safely ignore the stuff he doesn't need (Stealth, Pickpocket, Backstab) and can focus on the other upgrades that are most useful to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.