Subject: Do you own Guardian Keys? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do discovered guardian keys belong to a player? I know they don't go into anyone's deck, but do the players keep them or do you just collect them collectively next to the main board? This makes a difference when fighting the guardian, since you're getting 1 XP per guardian key (which would almost always be 4 if they aren't considered personal property).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No one owns the guardian keys. They are set aside, and act as a clock for when the guardian emerges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's the point of getting 1 XP per guardian key as spoils from the wilderness since everybody will get the equal amount at the end of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not everyone might be able to fight the Guardian at the end. For some people there might be monsters in the dungeon that feel like they are worth more in a straight comparison to the guardian. The more keys there are the more it rewards those players that go after the Guardian, compared to those that don't.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badshave wrote:
Subject: Do you own Guardian Keys?

Yes, I own Guardian Keys. Six of them I believe. They have not, however, arrived at my house yet. Anxiously awaiting....

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Henning
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Oh good..You must be the Key Master. I'm the Gate Keeper. Nice to finally connect. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Har1equin wrote:
Not everyone might be able to fight the Guardian at the end. For some people there might be monsters in the dungeon that feel like they are worth more in a straight comparison to the guardian. The more keys there are the more it rewards those players that go after the Guardian, compared to those that don't.

Mark

I was wondering about what situation would make more Guardian Keys show up than 4 that triggers the end game. It would have to be players going into the dungeon instead of facing off against the Guardian in the end game, right? So far, we have all gone for the Guardians in each game due to the VP for overkilling them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Har1equin wrote:

Mark

I was wondering about what situation would make more Guardian Keys show up than 4 that triggers the end game. It would have to be players going into the dungeon instead of facing off against the Guardian in the end game, right? So far, we have all gone for the Guardians in each game due to the VP for overkilling them.

Correct.

Though you can opt to play a game with more than 4 keys as the guardian reveal, meaning it such games it is worth more.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Molander
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I feel like this also gives an advantage to the player who finds the fourth key, since that player will have the final turn and is therefore the most likely to have players before him find additional keys and make the guardian worth more points. So every time you don't fight the guardian, you're also risking giving the final player more points.

Love this game, some super interesting player interactions here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.