Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to thumb/give gg to user commented reviews on the boardgame pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be nice if there was a place where postings were specifically meant for such public attention but it is otherwise a distortion of the long-standing notion of private-yet-publicly-viewable nature of the existing contributions. Re-defining it meets with much resistance.

Including mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your terminology seems a bit weird. I assume that you're asking for the ability to thumb and give gg to comments made about a game. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a while since a new instance of this suggestion has come to my attention, but like almost everything else around here this is not first time it has come up.

disparate threads on a common topic - Thumbable Personal Game Comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
Your terminology seems a bit weird. I assume that you're asking for the ability to thumb and give gg to comments made about a game. Correct?

I am interpreting this as the "Ratings and Comments" which are viewable from a main game page, while the content itself comes from the personal comments made in the individual user's Collection entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
It has been a while since a new instance of this suggestion has come to my attention, but like almost everything else around here this is not first time it has come up.

disparate threads on a common topic - Thumbable Personal Game Comments

Wow. Ok. So I do agree with some of the opposing points. They didn't occur to me as it wouldn't be an issue to me personally. I'm ok with not having thumbs if they might reduce/bastardize the quality of comments. Maybe the reason I read the comments so much is because they aren't subject to public scrutiny and seem more genuine?

Anyway, good point. I think I might leave the thread though to help keep your list from growing so fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
Maybe the reason I read the comments so much is because they aren't subject to public scrutiny and seem more genuine?

Another attribute to keep in mind is that these comments are open to being revised (and reversed) at any time. This would not be appropriate in a regular Review post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
It would be nice to thumb/give gg to user commented reviews on the boardgame pages.

I received a generous GG tip the other day for a comment I left on a game, so the functionality is present. It's not hard: select the user in question, thus bringing up the said user's profile. Then by selecting 'Give GeekGold' in the drop down-menu accessible through the small inverted black triangle (right underneath the user's handle), you can send whatever you like for whatever reason. You can also attach a little note why you sent the gg.

All in all your suggestion will save two mouse clicks and two minor page loads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful comments often lead to the author being added to GeekBuddy lists. To me at least, that seems far more notable than any number of thumbs.

(There are threads the entire purpose of which is for people to give one another thumbs; anyone who wants them can gather them by the truckload.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.