HEXplore It: The Valley of the Dead King» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ruins option 9: A Dangerous Boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sander Vollebregt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I'm working through my first game, and I encountered a situation I'm not sure how to handle:

I reached a ruins tile and got a 9 on the result: Battle a "dangerous" boss. OK, got passed that one, but the ruins placard says: "If you survive the battle, you gain double the boss reward". What exacly is considered 'the boss reward'? So what is doubled? And how?

I defeated the Bandid King, does one of my heroes receive +4 navigate, or two heroes +2? Is every award doubled, both group and single? Does every hero receive 4 power up cards, or is just the food/gold doubled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Mariucci

Wisconsin
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi, yep, so all award values are doubled.

One hero would get +4 Navigate
One hero would receive 2 Potions
All heroes would receive 4 Power Up Cards
All heroes would receive 8 Food and a total of 10 gold

The gold is calculated as this: 4 base + 1 for Dangerous = 5 * 2 for the ruin event.

You'd also get to roll the Black Market die twice per hero. If this was the first boss you defeated, you'd need one result of hex for the black market to open on your space.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Vollebregt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Jonathan for your quick reply, and great work on the game. I have some additional questions, I'll post them seperately to keep everything clean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Mariucci

Wisconsin
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No worries, it was our first game title, I know there were little things we missed in the rule book, but I'm proud to say we had most of them outlined. We'll continue to answer any additional questions that come up.

Also- I've been taking notes for our change log. These are all very helpful to me as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.