Popular Tags: [View All]
John D
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is getting what? It's over $300 for everything! I'm not sure if I need the terrain/trees/huts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly a steep investment on an unknown game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noduh wrote:
Who is getting what? It's over $300 for everything! I'm not sure if I need the terrain/trees/huts.

Get 'em, flip 'em.

The Doors & Bridges set from Massive Darkness was $15. It sells (as in "Completed Listings") for $50+ on eBay.

Trees are pretty common, but CMoN has a known degree of quality, so they might do well on the after market. I don't like the huts, but who makes little plastic huts in quality? They'll sell. And the plateaus will probably do great (I'm betting they can hold MBP figs, so there's that).

Of course... now that I say this... two hundred other people just bought forty copies of everything to flip.

Welcome to speculation!

Seriously though, get what you think looks fun for you. I'm willing to bet (literally) that even if it's all a big flaming mess, you can resell it and break even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
noduh wrote:

Get 'em, flip 'em.

The Doors & Bridges set from Massive Darkness was $15. It sells (as in "Completed Listings") for $50+ on eBay.

Trees are pretty common, but CMoN has a known degree of quality, so they might do well on the after market. I don't like the huts, but who makes little plastic huts in quality? They'll sell. And the plateaus will probably do great (I'm betting they can hold MBP figs, so there's that).

Of course... now that I say this... two hundred other people just bought forty copies of everything to flip.

Welcome to speculation!

Seriously though, get what you think looks fun for you. I'm willing to bet (literally) that even if it's all a big flaming mess, you can resell it and break even.

that's what I'm thinking, too. I will probably buy it all once, except I will not buy the extra board and tokens. the kickstarter stuff already includes a second board and tokens for 2 simultaneous games and I will definitely not play 3 or even more games simultaneously.

when it gets here, I will play the base game first and see how I like it. if I do I am happy to not have missed the add-ons. If I don't like it, I will probably be able to sell it for at least the same price, since it is completely exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
noduh wrote:
Who is getting what? It's over $300 for everything!

Come on man, where's your sense of adventure and mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
noduh wrote:
Who is getting what? It's over $300 for everything!

Come on man, where's your sense of adventure and mystery.

I'm waiting on my delivery of 7th Continent for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting one of everything except the battlegrounds of Hate/extra tokens/tiles set; I just won't have enough players to play 6 tribes all at the same time, so no need.
I think that was $301 (except shipping -- not looking forward to that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beaulieu
Canada
Timmins
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say I bought it all. Took a chance on getting it all and worst case scenario, I’ll flip.

I feel pretty good about this investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
msg tools
I'm only getting Vore'Nash, The mother prophecy, and the Dice. Sarrassa's 2 round time limit makes for a short game, The other tribe is meh, terrain doesn't really add much gameplay value, and as much as the art book might be nice but in reality its just another art book that would sit around my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedishninja wrote:
I'm only getting Vore'Nash, The mother prophecy, and the Dice. Sarrassa's 2 round time limit makes for a short game, The other tribe is meh, terrain doesn't really add much gameplay value, and as much as the art book might be nice but in reality its just another art book that would sit around my house.

I was going to skip the artbook, but I ended up deciding that it was a great way to help new players pick a tribe and get a bit immersed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james herbby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All the tribes, mother prophecy, Battlegrounds, art book, and extra dice.

Maybe 1 set of terrain, but honestly probably not worth the trouble.

Except the trees, I like the trees, may get those even if not the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.