Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clemente
United States
Seabrook
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the situation: On Playdek, My opponent is USSR. VP score is 7 USA. We are playing turn 8. By Ames he knows my hand. I have Africa score, worth 10 points to him. However, Asia score is worth 13 to me.

Early in the hand he starts playing desperation ops placements in Asia, convincing me he has Asia scoring card. So I continue to place ops in Asia to maintain my lead.

On the last AR, he does NOT play Asia Scoring, and I have to play Africa scoring to give him 10 VP's. Fortunately, the game gives me the win because of "held scoring cards", which no doubt was Asia score.

But here is my question: What would have happened if I did not play my Africa SC? Who would have won at that point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
US player wins.

Edit : Designer ruling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it not against the rules to hold (not play) a scoring card? Have I missed something in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rossi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jeff3316 wrote:
Is it not against the rules to hold (not play) a scoring card? Have I missed something in the rules?

It's not against the rules in the sense that the rules don't allow it, iirc. It's against the rules in the sense that if it happens you lose automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcius Fabiani
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
"The game is afoot."
badge
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
mbmbmbmbmb
Johneboy2 wrote:
Here is the situation: On Playdek, My opponent is USSR. VP score is 7 USA. We are playing turn 8. By Ames he knows my hand. I have Africa score, worth 10 points to him. However, Asia score is worth 13 to me.

Early in the hand he starts playing desperation ops placements in Asia, convincing me he has Asia scoring card. So I continue to place ops in Asia to maintain my lead.

On the last AR, he does NOT play Asia Scoring, and I have to play Africa scoring to give him 10 VP's. Fortunately, the game gives me the win because of "held scoring cards", which no doubt was Asia score.

But here is my question: What would have happened if I did not play my Africa SC? Who would have won at that point?

Apparently you would win anyway in that particular situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haytil Reivesman
msg tools
That rule should be changed. Rather than defaulting to a US win if both players hold scoring cards, the win should instead go to whoever has the most points at the end of the turn (and then perhaps going to the US if score is 0 at that point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.