Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Please contact me about playing 18xx in Orange County.
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like everyone agrees that RSA can't be purchased, however, we ran across a situation last night where I had purchased the RSA private, which started IFT. Had IFT closed, without purchasing a train of course, does the RSA private stick around or does it also close when the company it's associated with closes, regardless if it's still under player control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice one! From the rules it would seem like the RSA sticks around until phase 12 and can be bought (there are no rules explicitly preventing it from being bought that I can find, it just usually can't be purchased because it goes away before purchasing privates is allowed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludwig Seitz wrote:
Nice one! From the rules it would seem like the RSA sticks around until phase 12 and can be bought (there are no rules explicitly preventing it from being bought that I can find, it just usually can't be purchased because it goes away before purchasing privates is allowed).

According to this post in the thread Allowed to buy in the R.S.A. private?, Frederico Vellani said that the RSA is just like the B&O private in 1830, so the RSA can never be bought in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.