Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N. P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Info on this might touch into spoiler territory, but how much variety would a Recharge pack add to the base game after completing a second campaign?

Is it comparable to the small expansions which cost $15-20?

I totally understand that the value is supposed to be in being able to play through the campaign again and not in new stuff. However, the Nemesis is the most important part of an expansion to me and whether or not I'll get a different Nemesis from a second campaign would actually affect my purchase decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherlock Holmes
msg tools
mb
I can't imagine that some nemesis would be locked forever if you don't play the legacy campaign a certain way. Nemesis (ie boss fights) is basically the entire game, and inhibiting a boss character based on decisions made during the campaign doesn't make sense to me.

The way I understand it, the legacy is more about creating unique custom mages (ie. breach mages / heroes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
without spoilers I'm not sure how much of an answer we'd get on this.
My understanding is that some of the changes that happen during legacy affect the nemeses as well. so its plausible that we'd get different abilities etc. on nemeses on different runs, but I can't imagine they'd be DRASTICALLY different.

As the poster above me stated, the true purpose really seems to be about building the mages. which I personally think is great. I can't wait to build mages with my boyfriend and pretend we're in the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather the team answered this question first before chiming in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quite interested to hear people's opinions on this. My wife and I love the game and have pledged for a reset pack.

If it's "better" (subjective of course) to instead just combine the newly created components into the other games then we may instead spend the $15 on the accessory pack or the player mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reset pack's greatest advantages are being able to experience the campaign in its full again and to make new unique breach mages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
The reset pack's greatest advantages are being able to experience the campaign in its full again and to make new unique breach mages

What happens if someone doesn't care about that? Is there anything else that the reset pack is used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

What happens if someone doesn't care about that? Is there anything else that the reset pack is used for?

I don't get this question. That's what the reset pack is for. Why would it do anything else? It's just to replace the consumable, alterable stuff I'd imagine. There wouldn't be any new content at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

That's kinda the whole point of AE:Legacy. That's why the reset packs are there; so you can build new mages again..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
catwhowalksbyhimself wrote:
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

I don't get this question. That's what the reset pack is for. Why would it do anything else? It's just to replace the consumable, alterable stuff I'd imagine. There wouldn't be any new content at all.

I think Daniel is trying to learn the exact content of the reset pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I consider any especially unique custom content I can create with a Recharge pack that I wouldn't have created in my first campaign to be new content. The worry is that since recharge packs are a limited release, we may regret making something a certain way.

I personally don't care much about adding more than 4 custom mages to my collection.

I can't imagine I'd want custom market cards.

I would be disappointed if I missed out on making significantly different custom Nemesis than my first one.

I also worry there's some other content I haven't thought of I'd want to have two custom versions of.

It sounds that it's just the mages and a chance to run through the campaign in a new way though, so I've got nothing to worry about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As others mentioned, the reset pack is for making additional mages and running through the campaign again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses! I wouldn't be surprised if I end up feeling like a second run through of the campaign is worth $25, but I've already spent so much on Aeon's End .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

Um no I'm not. That would spoil too much. I was not attempting to fish for information in any way. I honestly don't see how you could even think that, but whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

Um no I'm not. That would spoil too much. I was not attempting to fish for information in any way. I honestly don't see how you could even think that, but whatever.

He was referring to the other Daniel---the one you responded to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

It seems there's the EVIL Daniel and the GOOD Daniel whistle

To answer your question: I was asking whether you got something else besides the Mages and the campaign experience from the reset pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
As others mentioned, the reset pack is for making additional mages and running through the campaign again.

This is what I wanted to know, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctaWho wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Floating World wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

He was referring to the other Daniel---the one you responded to.

See, this is why I look at usernames, not real names. Those don't duplicate.

Anyhow, never notice there was another another one, so maybe that habit backfired a tiny bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.