United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT:
Unfortunately, after I had submitted this Session report, I realized I had been playing wrong. The "Remove Sweets" card puts Sweets back into your reserve, not your "active" area, or whatever its called (don't have the rules in front of me).

Leaving Session report up unless suggested that I remove it.

Second game.

Played very easy.

Ended game having drunk 3 cups of coffee.

Unless I've played incorrectly, this might be a "spoiler", I guess, of a combo I hadn't considered the first time I played.

The game winning "turn" was when I found myself with 6 candies and the "remove all sweets", "cards to past", "cards from past" and 2 "draw 1 card" cards all in the present...it became apparent that with three sweets in reserve I could always continue to draw new cards.

So, for example, I play 5 of the 6 sweets, a bunch of stuff happens. With the last sweet I use remove all sweets to get them all back minus 1. Use 2 of those sweets to draw new cards/manipulate/whatever. Then (with three sweets left) I throw "remove all sweets" into the past with "cards to past" which removes its sweet. Then put a sweet on "cards from past" and take back the "remove all sweets" card, ready to activate again. Then "remove all sweets" and start over. With a steady stream of cards I got to the point where almost every single card was in the present. From there it was a cakewalk to the end.

I'm not saying this was some genius move on my part; it just never occurred to me that there could be a game state where I looked at the board and said, "Huh. I don't think I can lose from here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.