Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this expansion, if used solely with the base of the game, be played in two players?
What if I use this expansion only with Dead of Winter or with Dead of Winter Long Night can it also work in two players?
Or does it always need at least four players anyway?
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some stuff in this box which you can use for the base game or the long night. (Survivors, items, ... )
But if you really want to play Warring Colonies you need to have two colonies. That's the whole idea behind it.

I can't tell if it works with only two players. I guess there wouldn't be much conflict because there are to few survivors out there.
I don't know ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PatientNo742 wrote:
There is some stuff in this box which you can use for the base game or the long night. (Survivors, items, ... )
But if you really want to play Warring Colonies you need to have two colonies. That's the whole idea behind it.

I can't tell if it works with only two players. I guess there wouldn't be much conflict because there are to few survivors out there.
I don't know ...

Leaving the Colonies War mode and Lone Wolf, in practice does the base game only add new survivors and new objects? Or is there something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are new characters and crossroads that can be added to one of the other games with a handful of stuff that's only usable with both colonies. This thread someone listed how much is usable in any version and how much is WC only.

When I first got the game, my girlfriend played just the two of us to get the rules down. We each played as two players. I controlled one colony and she controlled the other. It worked okay since in WC there are no betrayers but it definitely toned down the difficulty knowing all the secret objectives of the colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.