9 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: RE and fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Mooney
Canada
flag msg tools
An RE is the logical choice for the FIRE order. When a Soviet rifle is drawn, it cannot follow the order because the rifle would need to roll an 11. As I write this I realized that with only rifles in the cup and the not firing on a need for an 11, I should not have taken this action and read down the card for the next choice. Am I correct????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patrick10paul wrote:
An RE is the logical choice for the FIRE order. When a Soviet rifle is drawn, it cannot follow the order because the rifle would need to roll an 11. As I write this I realized that with only rifles in the cup and the not firing on a need for an 11, I should not have taken this action and read down the card for the next choice. Am I correct????

Good question. I would go to the next order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
patrick10paul wrote:

The rules state you draw the AI, place it, and then the AI passes:

First, Rule 5.1.1 "...Because Rumored Enemy (RE) have no AR of their own (6.1), eligible AI have hierarchy over eligible RE..."

I am not sure of the situation encountered, but the fire action would have moved to the next eligible that could fire.

However, if the RE is the only eligible AI, the RE counter is still drawn and placed, but the fire action is ignored and the AI passes.

Rule 6.2.1 ""If an Order Card orders the AI to attack and an RE is most eligible to attack, then the RE is revealed. A counter is drawn from the
Rumored Enemy Cup.

If an AI counter is drawn, it is placed and attempts to complete the attack order. If the Target is at long range from the newly placed AI, and the card does not specifically order a long range attack, then the AI does not attack and passes."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that, in the spirit of the game, you are supposed to act as if the contents of the cup are unknown. Even if you place a single type of enemy unit in the cup during set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
Canada
flag msg tools
That all makes sense. Thanks for clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
maedhros wrote:
patrick10paul wrote:

First, Rule 5.1.1 "...Because Rumored Enemy (RE) have no AR of their own (6.1), eligible AI have hierarchy over eligible RE..."

I am not sure of the situation encountered, but the fire action would have moved to the next eligible that could fire.

However, if the RE is the only eligible AI, the RE counter is still drawn and placed, but the fire action is ignored and the AI passes.

Rule 6.2.1 ""If an Order Card orders the AI to attack and an RE is most eligible to attack, then the RE is revealed. A counter is drawn from the
Rumored Enemy Cup.

If an AI counter is drawn, it is placed and attempts to complete the attack order. If the Target is at long range from the newly placed AI, and the card does not specifically order a long range attack, then the AI does not attack and passes."

What if the Order is not a Long Range Fire?
There is nothing that says that the AI passes if the RE(now revealed) cannot fire because it need a 11 to hit.

Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klaus
Germany
Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
Sayburr wrote:
maedhros wrote:
patrick10paul wrote:

Rumored Enemy Cup.

There is nothing that says that the AI passes if the RE(now revealed) cannot fire because it need a 11 to hit.

5.1 AI attack eligibility
an AI will never attack a Target if it needs a modi ed 2D6 result
of 11 or higher to hit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sysiphos wrote:
maedhros wrote:
Sayburr wrote:
maedhros wrote:
patrick10paul wrote:

Rumored Enemy Cup.

5.1 AI attack eligibility
an AI will never attack a Target if it needs a modi ed 2D6 result
of 11 or higher to hit

Yes, I know.
But the subject of the debate is: does the AI passes or does it attempt to complete the next order on the Order card if a RE (now revealed as an AI unit) is not eligible to fire(because it need 11 to hit).

I have found nothing that said that the AI passes in this case.
I think the AI attempt to do the next order(who can be another fire order but with a Cap modifier or Long Range Fire, or it may be a move order or even an AI passes if there is no more order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is the AI passes because you have revealed the RE. you can't both reveal the RE and then move on to order another AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.